The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

What Did You Do To Your DSM In The Arizona Heat Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofer

Feb 18, 2006
South Gilbert, Arizona
I wanted to start a local thread for AZ DSMers to post their DSM build project they've been wrenching on for months or just a quick post about a bolt-on they installed. Feel free to post pictures of the bling...

Personally, I've been getting my car ready to make a few 1/4 mile passes at the new Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park next month. AFR tuning is complete at 28psi with conservative timing, I'll be getting a little more aggressive with it and see if I can increase airflow 5-6lbs/min.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

sprayed my engine bay, and replaced piston rings.

I wanted to start a local thread for AZ DSMers to post their DSM build project they've been wrenching on for months or just a quick post about a bolt-on they installed. Feel free to post pictures of the bling...

Personally, I've been getting my car ready to make a few 1/4 mile passes at the new Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park next month. AFR tuning is complete at 28psi with conservative timing, I'll be getting a little more aggressive with it and see if I can increase airflow 5-6lbs/min.

nice dyno sheet bro:hellyeah: should make for some nice passes. im defiantly hitting up the new track when it opens to see what my pile runs.LOL

nice dyno sheet bro:hellyeah: should make for some nice passes. im defiantly hitting up the new track when it opens to see what my pile runs.LOL
Thanks. Yea, hopefully those virtual dyno graphs get closer to 450whp before the track visit. They are just estimates but the airflow readings are a bit low, I'm doing some experimenting with different IM's to see if I can get more airflow at the same boost level.
changed my power steering hose next to the fire wall, discovered a lot of more maintnance things to fix before i put in my 14b turbo.
That's a shitty job, did you pull the IM to do it?

cruise control off since i have awd swap, and tried to fix rear camber a lil better...

Attachments

• IMG_6075.jpg
    IMG_6075.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 169
Damn, Kyle. I completely forgot about this thread with the new AZ DSM Facebook group it seems like everyone uses it instead. Thanks for bumping it, I like posting stuff on here rather than Facebook.

Here's what I've been busy doing these last few months, sweating my ass off in the garage.

Started installing a brand new OE clutch master/slave cylinder, I was using cheap Auto Zone reman'd to get by, and found that the TOB was seized to the clutch PP fingers, had to drop the transmission.

While I had the clutch hydraulics apart I bought speed bleeders for my brake calipers and clutch slave cylinder, now I don't have to recruit my wife to come out and help pump the brake/clutch pedal to bleed the hydraulics.

Installed and re-wired my EDM tail lights, not everyone likes the swap from the USDM ones but I like it on a red car. ---> Video of operation

Took my VIS CF hood to the body shop and had it re-sprayed with clear coat, the sun was really starting to eat through the resin that originally came with the hood.

Current engine bay shot, transmissions installed but that's about it...

I pulled a washer out from under the fulcrum ball when I installed the transmission with the new TOB and pivot ball, clutch fork position was perfect. Which was a huge relief since installing a transmission sucks by yourself with no transmission jack or engine hoist and I didn't want to drop it and do it again.

Long to do list, still have to install the 4g64 water pipe, Jeff Bush t-case brace, ARP exhaust manifold studs, and get the 16AN bungs welded to the radiator and t-stat housing. I also designed a VIN # plate that's currently being made, the one in my car is destroyed after 18yrs of engine bay temps and greasy hands. Probably the thing I'm most excited about getting and installing... LOL

Here's a picture of the old VIN plate on the firewall and below is the blueprint of the one being made, can't wait! It's going to be aluminum plate, powder coated black, and the text laser etched. The dimensions are the same as the OE placard...

Hahah i hate pulling the trans alone booo. I dont have facebook so i like to see things here or on link fourms personally :)

My car is running and full of lag with 37psi at 6850 LOL gotta figure that out but everything including my dsm parts and spre motor and manifold fab and tig are all boxed up ready to come to scottsdale

Pretty sure you just need a smaller hotside. How much power are you looking to make? I've seen almost 70lbs/min out of my bolton 3582htz and see 30psi at 4600-4700 rpms.

Corey buddy should have let me know you needed your vis hood reclear coated! i have plenty of good high quality clear left over! i would of been more then glad to have sprayed it for you for free!! it would be least i can do for you helping me! i actually was just lookin threw some of my old logs. showed i was flowing 44lbs on 30 psi on my holset h1c turbo with pretty rich afr's.

Started my wire tuck on my Spyder. Did as much research as possible before I started this project. Wish me luck.

Yep, that's exactly what I've been doing too. LOL

I've got a stack of parts on the work bench waiting for the break in the heat, looks like we might get one this weekend so GET READY!

Yep, that's exactly what I've been doing too. LOL

I've got a stack of parts on the work bench waiting for the break in the heat, looks like we might get one this weekend so GET READY!
Had a njce thunderstorm up here and a small bit of rain got this in

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back