The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What color to paint my car? [Merged 4-8]

what color is your 1g dsm?

• red

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • light blue

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • dark blue

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • black

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • white

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • light green

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • dark green

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • yellow

• purple

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • grey

• brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dirt (get your car washed)

• gold

• orange

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • turquoise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I say go back to the OEM color, but if that's not your taste then how about pearl white?..

Keep in mind that I plan to do the paint job myself. Pearl paints might be a more experienced type paint process.

I do like that Saab and the Ford Slate. Let's not forget the perfect lambo metallic gray

Attachments

• large.jpg
    large.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 298
My friend had a 98 gst that was two tone. It had black at the bottom and Bengal orange from the pin strip up. I don't have any pictures of it but it looked amazing!

I think I found the color "Graphite" that comes on the Lotus

Attachments

• 84850d1215126276-fs-2006-graphite-grey-elise-red-leather-touring-pack-etc-low-miles-lotus1.jpg
    84850d1215126276-fs-2006-graphite-grey-elise-red-leather-touring-pack-etc-low-miles-lotus1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 212
I like audi's charcoal color too

Attachments

• Audi_RS4_P40_Satin_Charcoal_20.JPG
    Audi_RS4_P40_Satin_Charcoal_20.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 292
Ok after looking at pics of my old 3000gt and some other Sandstone's I dont think I can say no...plus it keeps it in the Mitsu family.

Attachments

• 2007May23005.jpg
    2007May23005.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 194
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

this is a 2000 mazda red. It almost like orange at times.

Also on the list is "Galaxy Gray" from the mazda (not honda) line.

i would go with lexus pearl white ............. 2nd g eclipse look amazing with that color put 18 inch white 5 spoke rims of course gsx spolier leave stock tail lights but take the eclipse sing off and you are good to goo

We painted my 1g ourself, it was $150ish for a gallon of sprayable (mixed, used no hardener just thinner) Black Pearl Slate from my local body shop. They also let us borrow their gravity feed spray gun since ours was a little messed up. Spraying metallics/pearls is no different than spraying a solid color.

We painted my 1g ourself, it was $150ish for a gallon of sprayable (mixed, used no hardener just thinner) Black Pearl Slate from my local body shop. They also let us borrow their gravity feed spray gun since ours was a little messed up. Spraying metallics/pearls is no different than spraying a solid color.

Damn! good to know...I'll take my sweetass time with it and make it good. Can't decide if I want to go dark like a charcoal/slate/graphite or go light like a new caddy pearl or the lexus white. White will hide imperfections as it will be only my second paint job (first with a real gun).

Ya the dsm silver/gray is sick. I love it. I would go with that if that is what you like. And whats up to another mi dsmer LOL

If that is your car in your avatar I would love to see more pictures of it.
I'm a huge fan on the 2ga.. and trying to figure out if I want to keep the grey on the bottom. From that picture it's gorgeous..

Dannyboy.

MIXIA.

Chico.

dsc00708__2.jpg

my favorite colorss

^^^I owned a GST in that magenta grey metallic color. Pretty sick color

One of the rarer Eclipse colors/ rarest GSX colors the Cayenne Red Pearl which I have:

I'd say go with a pearl white like a Nissan 350z though. That would look sick.

I dont know if you have seen the new batman or not or how expensive it would be LOL but that color of the lambo he has is sick. to me it looks like a super dark gray but i could be wrong.

I'd say go with a jetblack or the panda theme, black top and white bottom.

Nice color. Did a pretty good job on it. Noticed a little excessive texture from the side shots, but its all good. I'm an aspiring painter myself, having a few projects under my belt, and have yet to perfect my technuiqe (sp?) also.

But to the OP, I'd definalty go with a base/clear.
Also you said the car has been painted numberous times before. If all that paint is layered on top of each other, I'd most definalty strip it down to bare metal. We recently aquired a 95 gst, that had 6 or 7 layers of paint on it. I wasnt about to paint over that BS. So I stripped the entire thing to metal and primed it. Prep is 90% of the paint job.

Like I said, if I were you I would go with a standard base-clear. You can go with a metallic base too, they arent too hard to spray if you know what your doing. But as far as pearl goes, thats a whole different ball game....I dont plan on ever trying that.

Black is the hardest color to do I think, and white is probably the easiest.

I'm thinking on painting my car a color similar to this, Daytona Blue, while keeping the black top. Maybe a CF hood in the future. Debated on doing a white stripe/swoosh of some sort.

If you want to see Daytona Blue on a 2g, look at my gallery.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back