The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

What car trends do you hate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I see them much more on Hondas over here
All it does is broadcast that you cannot drive and need to be towed back onto the road so much you fear for damage caused by using one of the factory tow locations built into the unibody.
How stupid do you have to be to put something on your car that does nothing but tell the whole world "I have trouble staying on the road/tarmac"?
My favourite part of that is that those tow hooks are total trash and would break in two / cause damage to the car the second you actually try to tow a car with it. They put on non-functional tow hooks for looks, on a car that will never see a track in its life. Its ridiculous.

Agreed on the stance / stretched tires and somewhat on the bumper, hood and fender exit exhausts, hate them for being unnecessary on slow cars and hate them on fast cars that claim "street car"
Another one which I was guilty of in my first eclipse at 15 yrs old was painting all the interior trim pieces 🤦

Electronic parking brake.
why?

My 81 year old father bought a new 4 Runner with a crazy fun transmission with 2x4, 4x4 hi, and 4x4 low, and a dial for different road conditions.

BUT it also has an electronic parking brake? It turns off the e-brake moving into drive - but WHY? The whole point to an e-brake is to prevent the vehicle from moving regardless of other systems.

What knuckle head though they could reduce service calls with this idea?

Slight camber on a car looks good in my opinion, but yeah stance culture is dumb.
Im alright with interior lighting and exterior lighting as long as it isnt overdone, same with mostly every other "style" of car.
Tow hooks are dumb unless its clearly a track car/well driven car

hot take:
I'm really not a fan of car collectors that don't drive their expensive a$$ cars. Not much else to say there other than, well, cars were created to be driven...

I'm really not a fan of car collectors that don't drive their expensive a$$ cars. Not much else to say there other than, well, cars were created to be driven
My buddy in Tennessee traded in his 2017 BMW M3 Competition for a 2018 Corvette C7 Z06 at an independent dealer a couple years ago. He liked the Corvette but liked the BMW better, so after about 6 months he went back to them and traded the Corvette back for a 2019 BMW M1 Competition. The dealership was scandalized that he'd put about 5k miles on the Corvette! Made it all like "You're not supposed to drive these" kind of thing!

The M1 was super nice, but then a year later he wrecked it on the Dragon. Now's he's got another M3... :)

My buddy in Tennessee traded in his 2017 BMW M3 Competition for a 2018 Corvette C7 Z06 at an independent dealer a couple years ago. He liked the Corvette but liked the BMW better, so after about 6 months he went back to them and traded the Corvette back for a 2019 BMW M1 Competition. The dealership was scandalized that he'd put about 5k miles on the Corvette! Made it all like "You're not supposed to drive these" kind of thing!

The M1 was super nice, but then a year later he wrecked it on the Dragon. Now's he's got another M3... :)

Think your friend would consider adoption?

Lol, he might, considering his real kid drove a 135i into a lake being stupid…

My god. I don’t even want a BMW. I’d be real cheap and easy and get something like an Ford Explorer ST.

Tune, intercooler, E85 conversion, and run 11’s. Lol.

OH one more trend I hate. I think the whole "starlight headliner" with white LED's and cotton fluff. LED's in headlinger is a good idea conceptually, but in execution I think it looks horrendously tacky.
Like, I get it, my headliner is sagging and rubs my head when I drive, but I'd rather have that then have LED's always on when I'm driving.

Not really many trends out these days that I'm fond of. I think for our cars in particular, I love the clean engine bays that some of you guys have.

Something I can't stand with all cars nowadays though is how most makes/models of a lot of the sports cars are beginning to look the same (in my opinion).

To top it all off...they look like giant f'n socks with wheels...all the same crappy shape.

How about this new craze with popping exhaust on decel? Absofuckinglutely stupid.
I just imagine the look on the drivers face reads something to the tune of hurr durrr durrr

So agreed. Crackle tunes are some of my least favorite ever. It’s like BOV saluting everything that moves. Equally ricer and childish.

Not really many trends out these days that I'm fond of. I think for our cars in particular, I love the clean engine bays that some of you guys have.

Something I can't stand with all cars nowadays though is how most makes/models of a lot of the sports cars are beginning to look the same (in my opinion).

To top it all off...they look like giant f'n socks with wheels...all the same crappy shape.

This is especially true with pickup trucks.

Every truck in the midwest. Big a** wheels that stick out 4 feet with no fender flares and never goes off road.

U stick ur tires out 5 mm in anything else and u get a fix it ticket

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back