The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Cams would Fit me

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxShaneOmac

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2007
Everett, Washington
I love my gsx, Its my DD full interior Im going to be upgrading sound system etc. I want to have a good DD and I dont belive I will ever go above 400 hp on this car, Possible 450 but no more.

I pretty much have my mods set, but willing to change a little. Im also setting my car up to be able to drop a big turbo inplace of my FPBigT28 to get some higher numbers when Im ready.

Only real thing Im not sure of are Cam's as in I only really thought about them recently. I Love the beastly idles that cams can produce but I dont want to idle above 850 really and want to be a very easy going DD.

Mods
1999 Eclipse GSX - 4G63T
Forced Performance BigT28 - ported
Oz Racing Superleggra Rims
Yokohama Tires
Tokico Suspension
2.5 Exhaust w/ Apex N'1 Muffler
GReddy Boost & EGT Gauge
GReddy Profec B Boost Controller
Act 2600 Clutch & Flywheel
AEM UEGO Wideband o2
DSMLink v2
Denso 150lph
Fuel Pump Rewire
1st Gen BOV

Im Ordering These

ETS 24x10x3.5 FMIC w/ Shorte route SS Piping [change turbo change Jpipe]
Walbro 255lph High pressure Fuel Pump
Aeromotive AFPR
PTE 880cc Injectors
Port Mani & o2

I would really really love some cheap Cam's
BC Cams of possible FP Cams dont seem to expensive 300 - 450 a set is what Im seeing, I may be wrong. Should I go 264/264 264/272 or 272/272? Pros and Cons?

This is the newbie forum what do you guys think, dont flame thanks.

Yea and they are not on backorder like brian crowers. Very good cams that have not gotten any bad feedback as of yet.

To the OP if you ever want a larger turbo I would go with the 272/272's. You may loose a very little now but they will help a lot when you get a larger turbo one day down the road.

As for the springs/retainers if you want to rev up to 8k safely I would upgrade them. Mechanic through a valve revving his motor up on 272's but everyone else says stock valvetrain is ok. I like to be safe though.

Ya I didn't realize it until after I payed like 350 per cam ughh that hit me low! LOL but they are very nice. The 264 is intake and 272 is exhaust for me. I did get the valve springs just because I fig I was already in there and I had some extra $, and I wouldn't have to worry a bit about floating, but your stock springs are fine until 8k but some even say 8.5k.

264/272 is a good combo for a 16g? my bro says 272 is too harsh for a dd but ive been reading otherwise here on the board because im looking at cams also. thanks

264/272 is a good combo for a 16g? my bro says 272 is too harsh for a dd but ive been reading otherwise here on the board because im looking at cams also. thanks

What would be suitable for a 20g, sorry to thread jack.

If i understand correctly, if i was to buy 272 DKS i can rev to 8k, a side from the retainers and valve springs as mentioned above would any thing else need to be added to safely rev, that high. Sorry to bounce a little off topic.

Thanx Rob

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back