The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Cams would Fit me

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxShaneOmac

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2007
Everett, Washington
I love my gsx, Its my DD full interior Im going to be upgrading sound system etc. I want to have a good DD and I dont belive I will ever go above 400 hp on this car, Possible 450 but no more.

I pretty much have my mods set, but willing to change a little. Im also setting my car up to be able to drop a big turbo inplace of my FPBigT28 to get some higher numbers when Im ready.

Only real thing Im not sure of are Cam's as in I only really thought about them recently. I Love the beastly idles that cams can produce but I dont want to idle above 850 really and want to be a very easy going DD.

Mods
1999 Eclipse GSX - 4G63T
Forced Performance BigT28 - ported
Oz Racing Superleggra Rims
Yokohama Tires
Tokico Suspension
2.5 Exhaust w/ Apex N'1 Muffler
GReddy Boost & EGT Gauge
GReddy Profec B Boost Controller
Act 2600 Clutch & Flywheel
AEM UEGO Wideband o2
DSMLink v2
Denso 150lph
Fuel Pump Rewire
1st Gen BOV

Im Ordering These

ETS 24x10x3.5 FMIC w/ Shorte route SS Piping [change turbo change Jpipe]
Walbro 255lph High pressure Fuel Pump
Aeromotive AFPR
PTE 880cc Injectors
Port Mani & o2

I would really really love some cheap Cam's
BC Cams of possible FP Cams dont seem to expensive 300 - 450 a set is what Im seeing, I may be wrong. Should I go 264/264 264/272 or 272/272? Pros and Cons?

This is the newbie forum what do you guys think, dont flame thanks.

For a daily driver a 264/272 combo or the 101100 or the 101200 comp cams or the fp cams should be good for what you want to do. Hope this helps you, Keith.

If you are going to stay with the t28 than the 264/272 combo is perfect. If you really want 400-450whp than 272/272 because you will need a larger turbo to get there and the cams will help a lot.

I have the 264-272 combo and I love them. I only have the t25 but I am putting my e316g in very soon. They sound nasty too ;)

How far would the 264/272 take me?
Whats the idle on these?

Would FP1/2 combo be about the same thing?
How bad are regrinds? are FFWD regrinds?

is there a huge differance from 272/272 and 264/272

264/272 made more power on a 16g than the 272/272's. They should idle like stock. 272/272's lost a little torque but will gain more power if you upgrade your turbo. Also should idle like stock.

FFWD are regrinds and they have had 0 negative feedback. They are great and yes the fp1/2 is the same about.

I agree with Jayrolla, your idle doesn't really get all that affected by the different cams. It's more the combination of everything that changes your idle (i.e. piping it, larger injectors, etc.). My personal experience surrounds the 272/272 cams, which i'd highly recommend given your horsepower goals. I also drive my car as my daily driver, and have no issues with the way it runs...in all reality, I totally enjoy it far more than without the cams. Best of luck.

I have the comp 101200's with an evo3 16g and i love them. You loose very minimal lower end torque but gain at least what it feels like 30+ at the higher rpm level. Anyways when racing around when are you any lower than 2800 rpm? These also dont idle as bad as the 272 combo, but from what ive heard and seen they give you a little more power. I purchased them for $390 directly from comp cams.

Not flaming...but I honestly, seriously have never understood why people think they need 880cc injectors with a turbo that flows 36lb's/min.

Because he has dsmlink and if he upgrades his turbo he will not need to buy injectors twice.
Thats exacly what i did. I dont need 720cc injectors with and EVO3 turbo, but when i get that 60 trim i will be all ready for it! Oh and FP and Comp cams a very simular, so if the comp cams are cheaper than FP's get them, but i heard the FFWD 272 are very good too.

He has DSMLink, if he upgrades to a bigger turbo he only bought injectors once.

if your going 272 pair and as a DD but every couple weeks you take it to the track and rev your shit to like 8, 8.5 with dsm link, valve springs should def. be considered to make sure that your engine is gonna hold???? is this true or not, my friend told me it

I know that he has DSMlink, I have it to, as for 90% of the board does. I just think its completely redundant to put in a set of injectors on a turbo that literally flows half of the injectors max lbs/min. To each his own...

Thats exacly what i did. I dont need 720cc injectors with and EVO3 turbo, but when i get that 60 trim i will be all ready for it! Oh and FP and Comp cams a very simular, so if the comp cams are cheaper than FP's get them, but i heard the FFWD 272 are very good too.

don't do regrinds... you will not see the lift and the overall performance as you would real cast's.

I know that he has DSMlink, I have it to, as for 90% of the board does. I just think its completely redundant to put in a set of injectors on a turbo that literally flows half of the injectors max lbs/min. To each his own...

So your saying its better to spend the money on 550's then when he puts in a larger turbo to get 750's or bigger. That dont make sense because he will be buying injectors twice. I would go real big because e85 is getting popular and large injectors are needed.

So Im really interested in 264/272 right now

is the 264 the intake or exhuast?

Im thinking about the FP1/2 combo
Are Comp Regrinds?

So im going to get the 264/272 set
Now just what brand.

Fp
DKS
Comp?

HKS are to expensive as the others are close to 1/2 there price.

Also when doing my cam's how important are valves springs cam gears?
Is there anything else that benifit tons when upgrading cams?

If you're looking for a good product and a great price i would reccoment brian crower cams. They've such good reviews and are so popular that most places are on a several month back-order, thats the only problem. ALmost identical to the HKS cams at a wayyy better price :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back