The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G What brand rack and pinion to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronth777

Proven Member
Apr 12, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
My power steering rack has been slowly leaking for awhile but it's gradually gotten worse and worse, so now I'm looking to change it out. My question is what brand do I go with? It's nearly impossible to find one that isn't remanufactured, I don't know if new OEM ones still exist. I've found reman racks on rockauto from ACDelco, Cardone, and BBB. Then there is one at NAPA with a limited lifetime warranty. Does anybody have experience with any of these brands? I don't feel confident enough to rebuild it myself which is why I'm not getting a seal kit.

I've searched through most of the threads on here and they all eventually end up turning into a manual steering or flyin miata conversion thread. I'm extremely skeptical about this because this is my daily driver, however I do like the idea of eliminating the power steering pump and lines from the engine bay. There's a forum on here where someone is making an electrically assisted steering column, but I don't know if they're still taking orders. If anybody has any advice on this then I would appreciate it.

They will still take your order for the EPS setup if you wish to de-power your oem rack. Just email him.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back