The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

what auto parts sells NGK spark plugs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auto Rice, errr, ummmm, zone. Oh, and CarQuest as well.

bs auto zone does not sell them! i tried like 5 az's around here and none of them carried ngk's, i would just go to napa!

Advanced is the one that carries NGK, not Autozone. I third NAPA...they rock! (they even had them in stock once!)

just out of curiousity would champions work alright on my car( 97 talon tsi awd)?? or should i just stick with ngk's

I would stick with what works. BPR6ES and 7ES plugs are proven and cheap. Also, I swear I bought some at AZ around here..oh well.

hmmm i dunno man maybe all az's are different in what they sell? but i just found out my ngk's were shot due to the previous owner venting( the plugs were white on top-too much fuel!) so i went to az to get some new ngk's but they didnt have any so i went with the champions, im gonna try them out for a few weeks and if i dont like them ill go back to ngk's

Originally posted by boostdevil
hmmm i dunno man maybe all az's are different in what they sell? but i just found out my ngk's were shot due to the previous owner venting( the plugs were white on top-too much fuel!) so i went to az to get some new ngk's but they didnt have any so i went with the champions, im gonna try them out for a few weeks and if i dont like them ill go back to ngk's

im pretty sure white on top doesnt mean too much fuel....

Originally posted by boostdevil

white on top =lean, not rich.

more air than fuel.

lower your psi, check your maf.

And don't expect much out of a plug read. Fuel injection pretty much screwed up that shortcut, and closed-loop feedback systems have made it that much worse.

No, I'd not consider Champions for a DSM. I have no logical, engineering, nor Taoist reason for it, but DSMs like NGK plugs best. By enough to matter a lot more than it should.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back