The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What are your intake temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenr816

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
So I finally got my car up and running with new injectors and the hx35.
I have a Punishment FMIC, GM IAT mounted right before the TB, e85, 1250s, twin 255s, ECMLink.

My IATs with a 1-4th gear run go from ~110 to 175ish
I live in AZ so is super warm, only drive it at nigh, usually 95?-105? That's at 32psi

I haven't taken my bumper off to see if it helps nor finished my exhaust yet so it may be deflecting off the front subframe and heating the charge pipe up

If your intake temps are that, its pretty good, especially underhood here in phoenix. You got to think, 110 is hot to us, but for your engine that is freezing. Sure the colder the better, but you really cant get too much colder than ambient anyway. unless you use Nitrous or co2 to chill the intercooler, or meth injection or nitrous. and you got to remember, when you compress the air it gets hotter, so that plays a part too.

Ya I guess you make a good point..You can't get and colder that outside air temps..And there in AZ during the day, hell even at night its hot as hell..

But everybit would help a small amount..I wouldn't go cutting up your car if it's not going to help..Since outside its ungodly hot in AZ..

Yesterday the heat index here was over 100..That sucked..Especialy with the humidity..It's insta sweat when you stepped outside..

True, but IDK I think personally its warm I've never seen IAT's that high, nor have I driven a car at the much boost with a decent turbo.

Depending what happens when I take the bumper off I might do a sprayer or water/meth. I don't have any knock so I'm good in that area.

I wouldnt worry about your temps, cause at a 115* day the ground is atleast 175* here. So thinking you picking up air only a foot or so off the ground, i would still say alteast 150* then you take it in and compress it in the turbo and get it back to its original temp before it was compressed then that is good enough for the motor. also since you are in AZ and there hardly is any rain, you can move the filter to the stock SMIC location and pick up actual ambient and see where that gets you, but then again closer to the ground, but seems better then the hot under hood temps.

I wouldnt worry about your temps, cause at a 115* day the ground is atleast 175* here. So thinking you picking up air only a foot or so off the ground, i would still say alteast 150* then you take it in and compress it in the turbo and get it back to its original temp before it was compressed then that is good enough for the motor. also since you are in AZ and there hardly is any rain, you can move the filter to the stock SMIC location and pick up actual ambient and see where that gets you, but then again closer to the ground, but seems better then the hot under hood temps.

Ya I havent built my own intake yet, but I think I will be moving it there and have a spare when it rains which would be never. But monsoon season is almost here cant wait.

Where are you located besides avondale? Im at 67th & i10

Ya, it would be cool to have a spare. I say just make it easy to take on/off, then carry the wrench of w/e is needed to take it off in the glove box and then if it rains, swap it real quick. and I am on Mcdowell and Dysart, right next to that walmart. Your not to far man.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back