The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

What are you waiting for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
What project is on your shelf - literally.
Not in your head.

This thread is dedicated to the things we are going to do (eventually ;-) and we even have the stuff but not the... (time, money, resource, knowledge)

Get my car on the road!!!! Currently working on transmission, don’t have the ability to do it myself so I might pull it and send it out. As for on the shelf I got the caliper and brackets to put double piston calipers upgrade as well as deciding what turbo I want to run I have a Holset hx35, pte 5431. Kinda wanting to get a fp mani and probably the red I’m only going for like 350ish or as I say oem+

TIME!!! it’s the hardest thing for me to get. I think I have everything I need as far as parts collected to get my car back on the road, plus some. Maybe I’m missing an axle boot kit and some hardware here and there as i come across things. Priority wise, I have a couple more home repair projects to tackle this spring, then I should be able to get back into the garage. I get more done in the summer time, I don’t like it getting dark and cold at 5 pm.

*Wiring trans temp gauge , i finally put bulb in pan
* FIX FUEL CELL GAUGE , MOSTLY reconect
* fix power steering rack leak
* send chip to ecmlink for a revision im having a weird shit on it and isnt saving at all
*check something weird on shoftbox to , when i enable auto upshifts it acts weird and upshift to second alone even iddling.
*suspenSion adjustments
*wire usb ports
* dial better launch to cut lower 60s and go into 7s at (1/8)
*put on methanol fuel and send it
*shot 35 , 55, 75 and 100 on methanol and seen how further i can push this tinny gt2560 and today i received my alky/ nitrous solenoid woooo hooo

im now at 8.1 and 1.81 on 60s so i can get 7s with better 60s alone

Goal is 11s at 1/4 so need to get 7.55 on 1/8

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
On My desk is the onboard logging computer and entertainment head unit project I call PiLink++ with touch screen, mobile hot spot and race capture track module and a GPS antenna wire I need to route from the center of the dash to the sunroof.

On My shelves are the remaining %60 of the interior that needs to go back in after the car returns from the body shop, along with hood struts, hood latch, and under hood heat shielding.

Also on my shelf are the cams, seals and a complete timing belt kit with water pump, which needs to happen before I can take it to any tracks for testing.

Finally, On my floor are a pair of SPARCO waiting for the all clear before they get bolted back into the interior and placed in harms way.

This and I’m not going to be able to get it back from body shop jail, if i don’t get parts from Mitsubishi on Thursday

All and all, its great to have some big dream stuff about to unfold after a couple shit pandemic years. (oh yes Total Shit years I’d say)

Last edited:
I finished up my garage heater project and the new top on the MR-2, so I'm finally ready to pick up the stuff that I WANT to do. The Jimny is still waiting for parts to come back from the machine shop and so is the AZ-1, so the next three projects are engine swaps.
* 2ZZ/C60 into the MR-2 (need engine, missed out on one locally)
* VVT K6A into the AZ-1 (have engine, needs built plus needs harness)
* F6A from AZ-1 into the van (engine just needs removed from AZ-1, plus custom exhaust)
* EVO differential swap into DSM, but I still haven't purchased non-LSD rear axles
* DSM ECU (Link?) is on this list somewhere

But the house needs a new roof and the garage needs some shelves and reorganization and structural fixes. Maybe I'll get a bonus this year? The 2% raise that I got in December certainly didn't help...

My 2g AWD transmission is chilling in a corner of the garage I’ve been working on my car in. It seems like a very complicated repair, and I certainly won’t have time to even consider it until the summer. Plus new parts for it will be really hard to come by since, well, its a DSM transmission.

I have a black box ECU for my car as well. I dont know the first thing about tuning ECU’s, so that’ll likely sit for a while too ROFL

I need to stop buying project cars and start working on them.
4G63 LUV, 4G63 Talon, soon to be LS GS300, plus outside the shop my daily AWD Eagle summit wagon + GMC Sierra 6.2L Truck + 08 subi (wifes).

Get the motor out of my 1987 IROC Z-28 Convertable (one of 744 made) and give it a freshen up due to a clacking sound that I couldn't find in the upper part of her. She has been down for about 5 years now. I liked rowing her gears with my hair (what hair) in the wind.

What am I waiting for?

For the Eclipse, I'm waiting on SPRING. It's packed up until the weather gets right. Not a snow car by any means. It also produced a leaky door seal or window seal at some point so it's best to keep it closed in the shop until that's diagnosed.

For the WRX, not waiting on a damn thing! This weather is perfect for spooling up to 20 psi. It's received a few shiny parts over the past couple months and there's a few more to come.

For all my other projects... I'm not really sure. Almost forgot about some of them. Been so focused on my career and my house I just haven't had time or money besides what I devote to my 2 favorite rides.

TIME!!! it’s the hardest thing for me to get. I think I have everything I need as far as parts collected to get my car back on the road, plus some. Maybe I’m missing an axle boot kit and some hardware here and there as i come across things. Priority wise, I have a couple more home repair projects to tackle this spring, then I should be able to get back into the garage. I get more done in the summer time, I don’t like it getting dark and cold at 5 pm.
I totally agree with the time part. Winter hours suck too. I have the opposite problem here in Florida especially with my garage facing the afternoon sun. It's so damn hot in there 9 months out of the year you can't breathe or think straight. I thought I was gonna get the hook up with a pretty new mini split to put in there but we didn't get that demo job.

I finished up my garage heater project and the new top on the MR-2, so I'm finally ready to pick up the stuff that I WANT to do. The Jimny is still waiting for parts to come back from the machine shop and so is the AZ-1, so the next three projects are engine swaps.
* 2ZZ/C60 into the MR-2 (need engine, missed out on one locally)
* VVT K6A into the AZ-1 (have engine, needs built plus needs harness)
* F6A from AZ-1 into the van (engine just needs removed from AZ-1, plus custom exhaust)
* EVO differential swap into DSM, but I still haven't purchased non-LSD rear axles
* DSM ECU (Link?) is on this list somewhere

But the house needs a new roof and the garage needs some shelves and reorganization and structural fixes. Maybe I'll get a bonus this year? The 2% raise that I got in December certainly didn't help...
I feel your pain. New roof 4 months ago. Coulda bought a LOT of parts with that.

I totally agree with the time part. Winter hours suck too. I have the opposite problem here in Florida especially with my garage facing the afternoon sun. It's so damn hot in there 9 months out of the year you can't breathe or think straight. I thought I was gonna get the hook up with a pretty new mini split to put in there but we didn't get that demo job.
I’m in south Louisiana and I just embrace the heat and sweat. Although I wouldn’t mind a nice mini split myself. One of my home situations is that it needs a new roof also, it’s gonna be painful I’m sure.

I’m in south Louisiana and I just embrace the heat and sweat. Although I wouldn’t mind a nice mini split myself. One of my home situations is that it needs a new roof also, it’s gonna be painful I’m sure.
If you live in California - the cost of living is painful all year long!

Well for the Talon its an E85 tune now that the VC is on with the catch cans, I also have a 292 I need to freshen up and install in my truck...and rebuild the carbs(3x2 holly 94 setup)

I’m in nw Florida and sally got me good, roof windows, drywall. Had three trees fall on my garage and miss my 1g inside . Got a few scratches but really only lost my drivers door panel I had out. I’m taking as a sign the car isn’t ready to die. And I got to do something so it’s not in the way so I can rebuild a new garage. I did my own roof got quotes for 20k and did it myself for 5500. Hoping to get a/c in the garage as Florida is too damn hot most the time and keep mosquitoes from eating my soul.

If you live in California - the cost of living is painful all year long!
Oh yeah I can only imagine!
I’m in nw Florida and sally got me good, roof windows, drywall. Had three trees fall on my garage and miss my 1g inside . Got a few scratches but really only lost my drivers door panel I had out. I’m taking as a sign the car isn’t ready to die. And I got to do something so it’s not in the way so I can rebuild a new garage. I did my own roof got quotes for 20k and did it myself for 5500. Hoping to get a/c in the garage as Florida is too damn hot most the time and keep mosquitoes from eating my soul.
Wow that’s awesome and impressive to knock out your own roof! I wish I could try something like that but the height and pitch of my roof freaks me out.

Oh yeah I can only imagine!

Wow that’s awesome and impressive to knock out your own roof! I wish I could try something like that but the height and pitch of my roof freaks me out.
ya hell that mine cost 22k and no way I would try that on my own. If I could find 4 guys that worked as hard as those roofers do we would be making a lot more money, LOL. My roof was 42 squares and they knocked that shit out in less than 2 days.

Started a big swap over project at the beginning of last year. Started off strong, then the list started growing. I am moving from the red car to the black car. The goal is a full ground up SCCA Autocross Street Mod car. The motivation is starting to come back into swing. Working on fuel system stuff now. I really need to start updating my build thread again....

My roofwas only like 21 square my 2 brothers and I whos the youngest at 36,knocked it out in 7 days. Then a month later did my brothers. NEVER again, Ill pay next time. Just repetitive labor. Hoping to upgrade to a 2car with a/c with the money saved. I was in a shed from the sixties and insurance on second buildings sucks ass.

Well for the Talon its an E85 tune now that the VC is on with the catch cans, I also have a 292 I need to freshen up and install in my truck...and rebuild the carbs(3x2 holly 94 setup)

I really like your IC pipes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back