The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what are you going to school for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo_Frog said:
45K a year isnt necessarily something to brag about. In no way am I putting down what you want to do (heck, my dad makes about that much). I just think that type of salary can be achieved even without a high school diploma. :thumb:
You have to look at median income dude. What is everyone in your town making. Hell it could be on of the highest incomes. You shouldn't be knocking on someone that makes that much. Hell my first year as a government fireman I made 42000, that paid for a house two cars groceries, bills ,etc. Not everyone is going to make 100k off the bat, if you do I say BS :thumbdown

Redmachine said:
You have to look at median income dude. What is everyone in your town making. Hell it could be on of the highest incomes. You shouldn't be knocking on someone that makes that much. Hell my first year as a government fireman I made 42000, that paid for a house two cars groceries, bills ,etc. Not everyone is going to make 100k off the bat, if you do I say BS :thumbdown

If you read my post I clearly stated that I wasnt trying to put down what he wants to do. I didnt mean to offend anyone, im just basing my opinion on what my family lives off of. Now I'll tell you it all depends if you plan to raise kids and support a family with that kind of income, if not then I think 45K a year is more than suitable for one person.

Like some one said above...women and beer. But actually i go to a Flight School, going to be a pilot :cool:

Mile high club here i come :p

Turbo_Frog said:
If you read my post I clearly stated that I wasnt trying to put down what he wants to do. I didnt mean to offend anyone, im just basing my opinion on what my family lives off of. Now I'll tell you it all depends if you plan to raise kids and support a family with that kind of income, if not then I think 45K a year is more than suitable for one person.
Hell I have 2 kids and it worked out fine , I'm sorry to bum on you. 45 is a good income reguardless of kids or not. I think I was a little bothered by the thing you said about not having a HS diploma and being able to make that much.

Redmachine said:
Hell I have 2 kids and it worked out fine , I'm sorry to bum on you. 45 is a good income reguardless of kids or not. I think I was a little bothered by the thing you said about not having a HS diploma and being able to make that much.

Well then I stand corrected then man. Once again, I didnt mean to offend anyone. My words were strictly from expierience and based on what is going on in my life. But I shouldnt have made that assumption just because my dad is fortunate to make what he does without a diploma. :thumb:

Im going to Wyotech in Laramie next fall to learn how to turn wrench :p . Then i dont know what ill do after that... :|

welding/small engine building master in welding small engines for personal use only :shhh: :cool:

If you two are going to argue about stupid shit like little girls, you can GTFO of this thread.

Damn e-thugs. :thumbdown

On a lighter note, I think it's funny as hell that Redmachine is going to be an arson investigator...after the post earlier this summer that included pics of his neighboring house's bee hive and about 50 following posts suggesting he set it on fire!

I'm going to school for pre-med but getting my degree in criminal justice.

ben90tsi said:
Im going to Wyotech in Laramie next fall to learn how to turn wrench :p . Then i dont know what ill do after that... :|

i dont need to "learn how" to turn i wrench (i own a dsm drrr) i just need the paper work to prove it

Gynecology!!! :cool:

well.....no.....business adminsitration/finance....aka the drinking major, when my friends are doing work and writing papers im either drunk or fixing my DSM in the parking lot.

seriously though, i hope to be on Wall Street make my first million and then get many hot slutty women and drink lots of corona!! :cool:

Pharmacy at the University of Iowa. I've been thinking about switching majors to photography, where'd I'd be moving out to Ventura, CA at Brooks Photo of CA, or Ohio Institute of Photography in Cincinatti. Problem is the average income of a first year student out of U of I in pharmacy is $100k/year... and photography is, well, not much.

WTF, please show me a job that pays 45k a year to people now a days with just a HS diploma and I sure wouldn't be in college right now!
But anyway lets not make uneccassary comments downing others.

I attend Robert Morris University in PA, majoring in Sports Management.But I really want to work at or manage a performance shop. :thumb:

University of Virginia, English major. Planning on law school afterward, but I may work for a few years. Who knows? Like a lot of you, I have no idea where I should be headed in life. :talon:

CCSU, Marketing major, focused on advertising---i wanna make funny commercials

oh and women and beer :cool:

I'm an economics major at Saint Joseph's University. I am thinking about switching, maybe to art since I love art too, but SJU does not have a great art program, so we'll see what happens.

im going for colission/refinishing and assertified business management class at Wyotech...my elective course is chassis fabrication tho..i cant wait.. u build roll cages, port and flowbench cylinder heads and shit. i got a spare head layin around and buscher gave me the specs of their street/strip head. haha i cant wait. i just took the refinishing /colission part cuz i didnt know anything about it. i was already pretty good with motor work so i figured id take that so i could be well rounded. i hiighly recommend the school if anybody was thinkin about it.

i have finished basic shop practices and this friday i complete advanced automotive electrical and start on manual transmission restoration(should be a breeze i get to fix alot as it is(DSM TRANNIES LOVE TO BREAK))

i should be ase certified in 1 1/2 years

and anyone who thinks they would not learn in a auto class there is always something you don't know, i have learned alot about electrical systems and ecus and crap on cars.

i hope i am not a wrench turner the rest of my life i would like to continue my education so i can sit on my ass and tell other people to turn wrenches and answere there moronic questions with my godly knowlege(LOL)

Well, I'm a junior in HS right now, hoping to go to UW Milwuakee for a 1 year, then transfer to UW Madison for a DOuble major in Biochemistry, and Pre med. Finish both up and attened medial school for another 4 years. Then go into residency for another 4-6 years to becoem an Anesthesiologist.

Yeah, It's alot of school, but when you get out and make over 250,000 Starting... with upto 400,000 a year with experice I'm not going to complain. Plus, being a doctor you get to help people.

cwbroncos said:
I'm going to school for pre-med but getting my degree in criminal justice.

Someone please explan to me how this makes any sense? So when you finish your bio or chem degree your going to start the crimal justice program? Anyways...
Going to U of M for nursing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back