The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

What Are They???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

~laser_craver~

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 16, 2003
Montesano, Washington
ok im rebuilding an old motor for a friend of mine... 4g63 of course an i was wondering if i can reuse his old head bolts and and stuff or are they stress type thing where i can only use em once and then i gotta get new ones.... :confused:

Don't use them over again, it is just askign for problems. For 100.00 bucks you can get ARP studs and they can be reused as long as they have not stretched past there service limit.

where can i get an entire set of studs for it because its got a few broke exhaust manifold studs and intake manifol studs and if i could just get a whole kit that would prolly be easier...

There's at least one famous 9-second guy who thinks stock 1g head bolts may be better than ARP's. Other people do 30+psi on them. But, for 100 bucks for a new set, eh. 7-bolt bolts (2g's at least) are torque-to-yield, so no re-use on those at all.

Carquest here sells exhaust manifold studs for like a buck fifty apiece. Make sure to not use locknuts like the factory. Use lock washers and a nut. They don't break or turn out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back