The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G What are my options when it comes to deletion? Clearing out the engine bay.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG_Nocturnal

Proven Member
Oct 16, 2022
Gray, Georgia
Im wanting to delete as much as i can to make more room under my hood, i know that i can do away with my ac and probably down size my radiator. what else can i get rid of? LOL

Most of them are part of the emissions system. I’m only familiar with the 1g but the ones you’ll want to keep are your fpr, wastegate, bov, the fat line for your brake booster and the breathers for your valve cover. 2g might be slightly different

Smaller battery mounted lower or just move it to the trunk. If you have a fmic you can mount your fuse box underneath the inner fender. Just make sure you water proof it a bit. I had mine sleeved with an inner tube. If you're looking into down sizing your radiator look into a golf mk3 radiator. Fits inside the core support really well with minor massaging and just some custom upper mounts. Assuming you don't have ac. Not sure how that would work with a condenser in the way.

I'll definitely look into that radiator, and the emissions bs, I'll probably keep my a/c cause it gets hotter than hell here in Georgia during the summer. I removed the radiator earlier and now I'm fixing to remove all the cooling crap for the auto tranny.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just a thought. You are saying you want to downsize the radiator and then said that it gets hotter than hell in Georgia in the summer. Sounds like you may be creating a potential issue. Only reason I would do this is to make room for a big turbo setup. Looks like yours is the stock configuration. Also if you have a half rad you will be eliminating one of the fans that help cool the condenser too. Just saying you may want to make sure you are thinking about function and form at the same time. And trust me I am someone who sacrifices function sometimes just so something looks better to me but not at the expense of my car over heating while idling. Just my opinion and you should look into getting rid of the stock bov because they are very unreliable.
-Daniel

Smaller battery mounted lower or just move it to the trunk. If you have a fmic you can mount your fuse box underneath the inner fender. Just make sure you water proof it a bit. I had mine sleeved with an inner tube. If you're looking into down sizing your radiator look into a golf mk3 radiator. Fits inside the core support really well with minor massaging and just some custom upper mounts. Assuming you don't have ac. Not sure how that would work with a condenser in the way.
Can you show me how you have your fuse box mounted under your fender?

Just a thought. You are saying you want to downsize the radiator and then said that it gets hotter than hell in Georgia in the summer. Sounds like you may be creating a potential issue. Only reason I would do this is to make room for a big turbo setup. Looks like yours is the stock configuration. Also if you have a half rad you will be eliminating one of the fans that help cool the condenser too. Just saying you may want to make sure you are thinking about function and form at the same time. And trust me I am someone who sacrifices function sometimes just so something looks better to me but not at the expense of my car over heating while idling. Just my opinion and you should look into getting rid of the stock bov because they are very unreliable.
-Daniel
Thanks man I didn't even think about the radiator/ac issue....

Also adding this^^^ the transmission cooler is something you probably want to hang onto. Heat is the number one enemy of an auto tranny
Yeah I agree, but I'm swapped over to 5 speed now. I forgot to mention that! 😆

So newbie question, is this a cooler for the a/c?

Can you show me how you have your fuse box mounted under your fender
I don't think I have any pictures but ... I used the metal bracket that it's already attached to and bolted it vertical with the bracket facing up and the cover facing towards the rear of the car. I used a bolt hole that has a nut already welded on it. I think the hole is where one of the stock airbox bolts go. Once you unbolt the box and weasel it under the fender you'll see what I mean. There isn't much wire length to really move it anywhere else so once it's in the spot it's pretty clear. I also don't have a lot of the extra electrical stuff that used to be there like the boost solenoid and what not. It's been so long I don't remember what all was there haha

Again though, this wont work with a smic because it would be in the way. You need a fmic for it to work. Short route piping preferred. Also I can say that I never ever blew a fuse until a couple weeks after i moved the box and then it was a pain to get to so I ended up moving it back. One day it'll be under the dash or something.

I don't think I have any pictures but ... I used the metal bracket that it's already attached to and bolted it vertical with the bracket facing up and the cover facing towards the rear of the car. I used a bolt hole that has a nut already welded on it. I think the hole is where one of the stock airbox bolts go. Once you unbolt the box and weasel it under the fender you'll see what I mean. There isn't much wire length to really move it anywhere else so once it's in the spot it's pretty clear. I also don't have a lot of the extra electrical stuff that used to be there like the boost solenoid and what not. It's been so long I don't remember what all was there haha

Again though, this wont work with a smic because it would be in the way. You need a fmic for it to work. Short route piping preferred. Also I can say that I never ever blew a fuse until a couple weeks after i moved the box and then it was a pain to get to so I ended up moving it back. One day it'll be under the dash or something.

Did it look anything like this? If not what are yalls thoughts on mounting it here?

This is a picture of my fuse box relocation. This would require relocation of the coolant reservoir. I put my battery in the trunk and my bottle is towards the original battery location. I didn’t modify any wiring and used existing bolt holes below the passenger headlight. Fuse removal just require snorkel removal.
-Daniel

This is a picture of my fuse box relocation. This would require relocation of the coolant reservoir. I put my battery in the trunk and my bottle is towards the original battery location. I didn’t modify any wiring and used existing bolt holes below the passenger headlight. Fuse removal just require snorkel removal.
-Daniel

Damn thats clean bro!! What is that mishimoto thing with the vac lines hooked to it?

It’s a catch can that actually needs redone. Just pulls air from the crank case because the pcv valve should be shut under boost but that’s when the car probably has the most blow by. I say it needs redone because it’s a sealed system that I used with a maf system. I now have speed density and can use a vented catch can but not sure if I want the oil mess in my bay from it being vented.
-Daniel

It’s really nice to work with. No more hoses getting stuck on barbs and what not. I have all my vac lines ran with it. I just bought a 10 pack of straight fittings and a 10 pack of 90’s and like 25 foot of hose. I don’t remember what I paid but it was pretty affordable.
-Daniel

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back