The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what am i carrying under the hood? Help out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smim, log style exhaust manifold, no way of really telling the turbo
without taking off the housing and measuring the wheels . The exhaust is hit some no name. Probably works just fine. What size is the actual pipe not the can. Get a wideband o2 and a boost gauge . It should have one allready .you should have larger Injectors and an fmu or safc or something to control the added fuel

If you see random words it was auto correct ROFL

ok thx bro! how much do u think a boost gauge and a wideband are?

Did you post another thread? :nono: Without really seeing it in person not everyone will really be able to tell you what you got. Like i previously said it could just all be a big mix of parts from autozone and a ebay turbo kit. I can tell you that your setup isnt "too fast" meaning you may be able beat some honda's depending on how maintained your car is. If thats what kind of answer your looking for. Try to look around for marks and names on your parts, such as what do the marking and words say on your turbo, intake manifoldm and your exhaust. That will help people tell you what kind of setup you have. Also your looking at about $50-$150 per guage depending on what you get. And please let me know how they "tuned" that car does it have a safc or some kind of electric tuning device that you see in the car? You can also make a video and post it on youtube of it running, idling, and maybe a pull.

Did you post another thread? :nono: Without really seeing it in person not everyone will really be able to tell you what you got. Like i previously said it could just all be a big mix of parts from autozone and a ebay turbo kit. I can tell you that your setup isnt "too fast" meaning you may be able beat some honda's depending on how maintained your car is. If thats what kind of answer your looking for. Try to look around for marks and names on your parts, such as what do the marking and words say on your turbo, intake manifoldm and your exhaust. That will help people tell you what kind of setup you have.

ik i feel like a troll! LOL,but i didnt know how to post new pictures in that other thread. So i just made a new one. bc people wanted to see pictures in the daylight and close pictures. but yeah sorry for the new post. but im gonna try and see what brands are on my parts.

ik i feel like a troll! LOL,but i didnt know how to post new pictures in that other thread. So i just made a new one. bc people wanted to see pictures in the daylight and close pictures. but yeah sorry for the new post. but im gonna try and see what brands are on my parts.

I also just updated a few things to my post if you reread it. :p

How much did you buy it for? Or is it stolen?.... Hmm haha looks like some eBay muffler and the rest is aftermarket something. Idk can't tell and I've never heard of the intake manifold turbo.

its to hard to really tell with just pics try talking to who u bought it from

Merged, moved to appropriate forum.

A few helpful tips-

1) Don't start more than one thread on the exact same topic.

2) Don't buy a car in which you have no clue what is under the hood and expect some guys on an internet forum to identify your setup from a few vague photos.

Hey Justin help this guy out , he wants to know what kind of turbo is carrying his car.

Not to be a Dick but Jesse would know exactly what you had when you popped the hood... Wait for it..

Hey Justin help this guy out , he wants to know what kind of turbo is carrying his car.

Not to be a Dick but Jesse would know exactly what you had when you popped the hood... Wait for it..

yeah next time iwont post the same thing twice. and im gonna take it to get it checked out prob tomorrow. hopefully they can tune it up and see what i have. im gonna call the guy and see what he has put in the car.

yeah next time iwont post the same thing twice. and im gonna take it to get it checked out prob tomorrow. hopefully they can tune it up and see what i have. im gonna call the guy and see what he has put in the car.

so i found out that the guy who sold it to me didnt do anything from him. he just buys cars and sells them within a month. So i have no connection of what the person did to the car

Let's see, looks like a standard OBX intake manifold (with TURBO written on it), looks like a 60mm MP throttle body, you have a missing link on there (at the other end of the manifold) so I don't think you have any kind of tuner.

What else; log manifold, turbo size to guess at (I'll let Justin guess at that if he wants), I haven't seen a pic of your front end so I can't say for sure that you have a front mount intercooler (from the direction of your pipes I would say so), from the pics those look like cheaper silicone connectors with worm gears on your turbo intake, I don't recognize the blow-off valve (on second look it looks like the blow off valve that comes with the Hahn kit), I can't see a gate (internal or external) but doesn't mean its not there, got lots of stainless lines etc and red wire management covers, do a comp check and we can GUESS wether or not it is stock pistons or low comp forged (can't really see what's inside the engine without taking things off), those look like 8.5mm or 10mm spark wires, 5 bolt adjustable cam gears (so there is a CHANCE that something is done inside),

Meh, I'm tired of typing this all out right now. I'm also wondering if ANY of this means a daam thing to you :idontknow: but you probably should have posted this up in the 420a forum originally and then you wouldn't get so many "I've never seen that thar thing" replies.

Just sayin'

MB

Let's see, looks like a standard OBX intake manifold (with TURBO written on it), looks like a 60mm MP throttle body, you have a missing link on there (at the other end of the manifold) so I don't think you have any kind of tuner.

What else; log manifold, turbo size to guess at (I'll let Justin guess at that if he wants), I haven't seen a pic of your front end so I can't say for sure that you have a front mount intercooler (from the direction of your pipes I would say so), from the pics those look like cheaper silicone connectors with worm gears on your turbo intake, I don't recognize the blow-off valve (on second look it looks like the blow off valve that comes with the Hahn kit), I can't see a gate (internal or external) but doesn't mean its not there, got lots of stainless lines etc and red wire management covers, do a comp check and we can GUESS wether or not it is stock pistons or low comp forged (can't really see what's inside the engine without taking things off), those look like 8.5mm or 10mm spark wires, 5 bolt adjustable cam gears (so there is a CHANCE that something is done inside),

Meh, I'm tired of typing this all out right now. I'm also wondering if ANY of this means a daam thing to you :idontknow: but you probably should have posted this up in the 420a forum originally and then you wouldn't get so many "I've never seen that thar thing" replies.

Just sayin'

MB

it means a lot! thx bro! youve helped me out a lot.

" its got a t4 turbo dom, cool air intake blah blah blah " jesse.. you know?... nevermind.

so do i have a T4 turbo dom? or is that what justin would say? im confused LOL

so do i have a T4 turbo dom? or is that what justin would say? im confused LOL[/QUOTE]

He was making a Fast & Furious reference LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back