The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

What about these 2 ebay clutches??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no no no no no no no.

those are complete crap no brand clutches.

Bad idea.....DSM clutches take enough punishment, i would buy a good clutch. Contact me, i can get you into a good quality ACT kit for not much more money than those go for.

They both go for like around 260 bux. what prices u got for ACT or for a CFDF?

Find the best price you can online, and i should be able to match it or do a little better. Drop me an email or give me a call if i can help you.
Thanks, Ben
208-892-9672

Originally posted by 96TalonAWD
They both go for like around 260 bux. what prices u got for ACT or for a CFDF?

I can get you an ACT 2100 For 315, or an act 2600 for 390. I don't reccomend the CFDF, but if you really needed one, i could get one.

Let me know, Ben

Her's what RRE says about Puck style clutches:

"They wont die. They can take a ton of abuse and wont turn into kitty hair. Even when they get so hot that the pressure plate warps and the diaphragm looses it's spring pressure, they wont fully die. Cool, right? The down side of that "never dieing" is that it allows them to keep slipping, then heat up and grab. The slipping with out dieing makes the surface cracks in the flywheel and pressure plate that will eventually cause the flywheel to come apart. Whether it is a stock flywheel, lightened stock flywheel or a Chromoly flywheel, puck clutches make cracks that kill flywheels, that kill bell housings and more. They have their place but I don't think in a street car. In a race car that gets regular inspections they can be fine. Also most puck clutches have a solid hub center that will contribute to horrible coast down gear noise (worse in an AWD).

Puck style discs can put up with a lot of heat. You also need to slip them more to keep from breaking things. More heat made. When a street disc is slipped too much and gets hot, it disintegrates and turns into kitty hair. You wont keep driving on an overheated street disc. If you get a puck disc to the same temp, nothing happens. That's nice because you can keep racing. But that heat is hell on the flywheel. Just like brake rotors crack when over heated, so do flywheels. If you keep racing on a cracked flywheel, you will eventually saw your tranny in half. It does not matter if it is a lightened or stock flywheel. We get flywheels sent in to us regularly that are too cracked to use. Those guys cry like babies when they have to pay a core charge. From the cores we get, I would guess one out of ten racers are driving around with some cracking."

I have had Two CFDF clutches in my '91 GSX over the last 5 years and have been happy with them.

Rick - '91 GSX :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back