The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

What’s the fastest anyone has gone with the Super 99

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awdmonster1904

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 23, 2007
Chino, California
Hello how’s it going.

I’m just wondering what’s the fastest anyone has gone with the super 99. What was your boost level, fuel.

I’m currently on the super 99 and would like to know how much more i can take this turbo.

Thank you

The Turbo is good for 60psi and 180+mph traps!
Ah ok i haven’t pushed it to 60 psi yet it’s only at 45
I’ll see how much more i can push it …

I did indeed run 7.92 or so at 180 MPH back in 2014 on a T3 Super 99. 2500 lbs or so, so the car is light but not crazy light. Our street class 2g was 2750 for comparison. I give more of the credit to the turbo, it was a solid unit. Back pressure to boost pressure was in the 1.4:1 range at full tilt on the t3 housing. Now running the same ET on a 62mm Xona Rotor turbo, I'm sure I could go a lot quicker on the Super 99 (or the latest version, the XR 10569S which will be even better). There's no reason someone else couldn't do better than I did with it though. Still love that turbo.

I did indeed run 7.92 or so at 180 MPH back in 2014 on a T3 Super 99. 2500 lbs or so, so the car is light but not crazy light. Our street class 2g was 2750 for comparison. I give more of the credit to the turbo, it was a solid unit. Back pressure to boost pressure was in the 1.4:1 range at full tilt on the t3 housing. Now running the same ET on a 62mm Xona Rotor turbo, I'm sure I could go a lot quicker on the Super 99 (or the latest version, the XR 10569S which will be even better). There's no reason someone else couldn't do better than I did with it though. Still love that turbo.
I’ll push it to 60 let’s see …. I like the unit and haven’t maxed it out I wonder if the 10569s would be a day night difference ?

My current 62.9mm Xona Rotor is definitely better than the similar but older 3586HTA, having run 7.58 on that thing in a t3 housing. To compare non nitrous ETs on both turbos my best on the 3586 was a 8.3x and on the XR version 7.93. Not a good back to back test by any means, but the XR turbo is definitely "better."

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back