The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

West side meets

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haha if you wana buy the drinks and food i'm down

It is hard for me to make these since I am in school till that time, and it is so far away, maybe one of these days we get a fri. off Ican make it. And with all the money I save from the obove mentioned move I can afford to eat and get gas LOL

now now. I doubt you are in school till like 9, 10, 11, even 12am. This past meet, we were out till like 130 and thats when I left. There were still others out there... So we stay out late sometimes!

Check engine light codes are pretty simple to pull, its figuring out why its there thats the confusing part sometimes.

haha if you wana buy the drinks and food i'm down

I may be able to swing that, let me check my funds after bills, and move in costs, and uhaul, and gas. LOL

now now. I doubt you are in school till like 9, 10, 11, even 12am. This past meet, we were out till like 130 and thats when I left. There were still others out there... So we stay out late sometimes!

Check engine light codes are pretty simple to pull, its figuring out why its there thats the confusing part sometimes.

I dont get home till 9. And I usually like to come home and eat then relax since I been on my feet all day at school and I work with a mobile mechanic in the mornings most the time. So it is kinda hard to get out with out being tired.

How are they pulled? and why is it confusing to figure it out?

you shouldn't be making fun of him if he has a bed time!:p

even if you can't afford it man i'll still swing by and help out
i'm probably guna go to the junkyard this weekend but i'm glad to do what i can to help

Of course I have a bed time! Its when ever I want FOOL! :thumb:

Any who, not a problem if you swing by or not, we can manage. Trust me man, I know the importance of a junkyard day!! I have had my share and love to go.

And with the code, it is intermittant, car runs fine weather the light is on or off, so not sure what it could be.

most of the time it is easy to pull the code and read it and be able to figure out what the cause is. Sometimes though, it can be confusing or tricky. I know I did the EGR blockoff and got rid of all that stuff and now I have a CEL for the EGR because I have a California car :( ... Stupid California regulations....

Haha. Ultimately this works if you have a datalogger. If not then you can get an analog volt meter. Then read the sweeps. And if you can't get one of those, then a 12v buzzer will work too. Long sweeps/buzz are the 10 digit number and short quick sweeps/buzz are the 01 digit number. for example 2 long sweeps/buzz and 4 quick ones would be code 24. Sometimes there are more than one so they will go right after each other and then repeat. LLSSSSLLLLSS would be 24, 42 2 different codes. You would need to connect the connectors to pins 1 and 12
______________12
(o)(o)(o)(-)(-)(-)(-)
(-)(o)(o)````(-)(-)

o = No pin
- = pin

If you come out to the INO meet tomorrow, I can hook up my datalogger and pull whatever codes you have.

Code # = Diagnostic Item
Constant = ECU
11 = O2 sensor
12 = Volume air flow sensor
13 = Intake air temperature sensor
14 = Throttle position sensor
15 (1.8L only) = Idle speed control motor position sensor
21 = Engine coolant temperature sensor
22 = Crankshaft position sensor
23 = Camshaft position sensor
24 = Vehicle speed sensor
25 = Barometric pressure sensor
31 (2.0L Only) = Knock sensor (turbo only)
36 (1.8L Only) = Ignition timing adjustment signal
41 = Injector
42 = Fuel pump
43 = EGR (Ca. only)
44 (2.0L Only) = Ignition coil, ignition power transisitor unit
short pulses only = Normal state

I will try to make this one, but since we are moving we will be packing, so if i do it will be a quick eat and meet then I am gone. We get out early so I can probably make it on time depending how much I get packed tonight will also determine if I can even make it tomorrow. And even then, the code may not come up, cause it is intermittent... :confused:

I will try to make this one, but since we are moving we will be packing, so if i do it will be a quick eat and meet then I am gone. We get out early so I can probably make it on time depending how much I get packed tonight will also determine if I can even make it tomorrow. And even then, the code may not come up, cause it is intermittent... :confused:

Don't fret. I go pretty much every week. There is no rush... at least on my end haha. I just need to know when so that I can bring the goods. And as I said before, a 12v buzzer or analog multimeter (one with a needle) will do the trick as well.

A logger will read the stored code, even if the cel is gone. Buy a cheap palm pilot, download mmcd for free, and get a obd1 data log cable. If you plan on going any farther with the car, you'll need a logger anyway.
Did you buy that car off a guy named Rick?

Don't fret. I go pretty much every week. There is no rush... at least on my end haha. I just need to know when so that I can bring the goods. And as I said before, a 12v buzzer or analog multimeter (one with a needle) will do the trick as well.

Not to worried. As long as it runs fine. Bt I want to get out and meet a few of u anyway.

A logger will read the stored code, even if the cel is gone. Buy a cheap palm pilot, download mmcd for free, and get a obd1 data log cable. If you plan on going any farther with the car, you'll need a logger anyway.
Did you buy that car off a guy named Rick?

Yes I did. Just talked to him yesterday and he gave me ## number. And here soon I am getting my dsmlink and injectors fuel pump and afpr intake tube and possibly fmic depending on funds. Then o2 housing and bigger dp and external gate. Then after that should be all for my bolts on list that I can think off. And since u here what cluthc is in it? He said it was yellow so I am assuming act clutch? And wich 16g is it?

Hey guys, I just started a new thread last night and was browsing some this morning. I'm in the military and own a 1999 GS and a 1997 GS. The 1999 is my DD and the 1997 is my show baby. I'm stationed out in VA, but I will be in the avondale/gilbert/mesa areas From December 17th to January 2nd while on leave. I am shipping my '97 to Arizona in a few weeks to be stored in my father's shop until I get home. Anyone interested in a DSM car show? I mean, doesn't have to be strictly DSM, but it'd be cool to see a decent number of us there. Anyone wanna help me set something up for between those dates?

You guys should come to that car show. and tell others as well. I set up a calender event but no one replied saying they were comeing yet.

Good thing no one came, it turned out to be a lowrider car show, unknown to me! LOL but eitherway I was there to represent!

Good thing no one came, it turned out to be a lowrider car show, unknown to me! LOL but eitherway I was there to represent!

What's the plan for December? I'm on leave there from 20 dec to 5 Jan, I'm really hoping to go to a big event with the '97.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back