The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

WEST COAST DSM: I need some testimonials from ACTUAL customers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr2krazee

Proven Member
Nov 30, 2012
spokane, Washington
there is a known vendor by the name of west coast dsm (user name is west coast on here i believe) and im thinking about buying some expensive/time consuming to install parts from this guy. ive heard very mixed reviews about his organization and have also found that the better business bureau marked an alert for his company name as "no longer in business" however he still reps the name and hands out business cards. i have also read several bad reviews on different sites mentioning him. Chris Canada is his supposed name. anybody have first hand experience with this guy? no flamewar or ridiculing, just honest testimonials of your experience with this guy please...

If you are unsure of the person you are trusting with your car. Why risk it? I would suggest a reputable shop. English Racing is right in town and they can handle anything you need. Just my advice. I have seen them post ads on craigslist but I don't have any first hand experience with them.

If you are unsure of the person you are trusting with your car. Why risk it? I would suggest a reputable shop. English Racing is right in town and they can handle anything you need. Just my advice. I have seen them post ads on craigslist but I don't have any first hand experience with them.

i dont need anybody to install anything on my vehicle, i do all that myself:thumb: this is more about integrity and worth of ones word when buying used auto parts, therefore i would like testimonials from users on this board who i can trust that have first hand experience with this gentlemen and his inventory so i can make a more factual based opinion on his organization, thats all.

I will never be dealing with West Coast DSM after my last experience. He lied a lot and it was clear. Said he couldn't meet with me to give me my money back because he had norovirus, and then on Facebook posted pictures of him at the Back to the Beach Run. After trying to get my money back for about a month he finally said he would mail me my money. I was in Newberg, right down the highway from Portland where he is and he refused to let me just come and pick up the money from him, he HAD to mail it. Wouldn't do PayPal or Google Checkout either. Of course, he never mailed the money.

I'm not the only one who has had a sour experience with this guy either sadly. He came off really nice and even gave me a free headlight socket. Wasn't worth $50 though.

I will never be dealing with West Coast DSM after my last experience. He lied a lot and it was clear. Said he couldn't meet with me to give me my money back because he had norovirus, and then on Facebook posted pictures of him at the Back to the Beach Run. After trying to get my money back for about a month he finally said he would mail me my money. I was in Newberg, right down the highway from Portland where he is and he refused to let me just come and pick up the money from him, he HAD to mail it. Wouldn't do PayPal or Google Checkout either. Of course, he never mailed the money.

I'm not the only one who has had a sour experience with this guy either sadly. He came off really nice and even gave me a free headlight socket. Wasn't worth $50 though.

This is the type of testimonial i was afraid of hearing... thanks for your reply. please anybody else who has had experience with west coast dsm or chris canada feel free to post your story here, if all this is a common occurrence fellow dsmers in the area and PNW alike should know to stay away!

AVOID WCD, bought a pocket logger from him and it didn't work, called for a refund, wouldn't reply to my calls, really sketch dude.

thanks for the reply, sorry to hear of your bad experience. this is beginning to sound like this guys common business practice. if anybody knows his real name please post it, it will only help the DSM community.

thanks for the reply, sorry to hear of your bad experience. this is beginning to sound like this guys common business practice. if anybody knows his real name please post it, it will only help the DSM community.

You were right, his real name is Christopher Canada. Pretty sure he is "west coast" and "West Coast DSM" on this forum.

You were right, his real name is Christopher Canada. Pretty sure he is "west coast" and "West Coast DSM" on this forum.

hmm, i just found that alias somewhat unacceptable for reasons i believe many can guess quite easily even at this point. the address of his "shop" is actually a residential location (i.e. a house) in beaverton if you look for it online.

hmm, i just found that alias somewhat unacceptable for reasons i believe many can guess quite easily even at this point. the address of his "shop" is actually a residential location (i.e. a house) in beaverton if you look for it online.

Haha yep, when he introduced himself he said he was made fun of for it or joked about by his friends in high school I think. Yep I have been to his house in Beaverton.

Haha yep, when he introduced himself he said he was made fun of for it or joked about by his friends in high school I think. Yep I have been to his house in Beaverton.

hmm with this guy it could also be a premeditated lie, i looked into him more and ive seen more bad reviews from people dating way back all over the west coast. looks like hes been at it for a while. that house is the address he gives for his shop that he reps. i looked at his website and it has a technical forum where, you guessed it, he is the OP for the majority of the threads.:hmm:

hmm with this guy it could also be a premeditated lie, i looked into him more and ive seen more bad reviews from people dating way back all over the west coast. looks like hes been at it for a while. that house is the address he gives for his shop that he reps. i looked at his website and it has a technical forum where, you guessed it, he is the OP for the majority of the threads.:hmm:

I suppose it could be but I'm pretty sure it's his real name.

I wish I had read this before doing business with this guy. His work sucks.

Did you recently have work done by West Coast DSM? Did you go to his shop? What was the guys name? Ha, just trying to see if "Chris Canada" is still doing the West Coast DSM thing because I've heard rumors about him being stopped or something and I've noticed West Coast DSM on Craigslist some and the logo seems a bit different...

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CHRIS CANADA aka WEST COAST DSM, he is still doing business under that name as of six months ago. He is a hack job that does not know how to work on cars and does everthing half asked and shitty. He did a group buy on this site and DSMTalk.com for PS3's when they first came out and he took $750 from me as well as SEVERAL other people. I ended up calling the police and they went to his "house" which was abandoned with no windows.....After three months I finally got my money back but not until the police had located and questioned him. This guy is a ####ing tool, stay far far away!! PM me if you need any other information.

All i hear is terrable things anout west coast dsm and chris canada. Reviews speak for themselves.'just like dsm graveyard.

Theres no point in continually asking for reviews when you habe already read so many bad ones, move on.

As michael said english racing is the place to go.

I went to their back to the beach run in 2012 and the dude seemed nice. I can't remember his real name and I've never purchased/had work done by him. But the event was pretty fun!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back