The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

We're looking to further the stock 7 bolt block record on Friday!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenTsi

20+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2003
Rome, New_York
After taking a few weeks off, we're back at it again with some new go fast parts! We are going to NYIRP on Friday to give it a shot.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The Delta H272 cams were swapped out for some Delta K272's, and the HX40 cast wheel was upgraded with a Batmowheel from Bullseye. (contact me for pricing!)
We hope to beat our current record of 10.33 @ 136.86. If all goes well, the car will survive and we'll see you all at the DSM Shootout in August!

quick mod list:

Stock 7-bolt block
Evo Valve springs, Delta K272
Magnus Street intake (soon to be swapped out with a RedJack Racing Race SMIM
Race Components Inc 1000cc injectors and -8AN fuel feed kit
Stock Transmission with QM Twin disc
HX40 Batmowheel
RedJack open T3 and 3" turbo back exhaust

DrewJ Tuning: Will Stanton's stock 7 bolt NEW RECORD 10.33 - YouTube

Attachments

• Delta k272.jpg
    Delta k272.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 119
I can't wait to see that this car can do!

Best of luck! Your setup is similar to mine except rather than a straight 6 blade 40 and tubular manifold in t3, I'm running a hybrid 35/40 in a FP .69 bolt on housing and FP manifold. I could care less about the 9....I wanna see her break 143mph!

On a side note, do you guys see any chance of prices coming down on the batmowheel a little or possibly even something a little more substantial such as a 62-64mm upgrade that comes with a "race" cover that's machined for the wheel? Maybe you guys could talk with Bill Devine and see if this is somthing they would be interested in? I know if there was an option to upgrade the hx40 to 62-64mm and have their proven race cover adapted to the holsets somehow it would likely produce substantial enough gains that nearly every holset user on here would be all over it!!! Not to mention the diesal guys! I guarantee they'd be interested! Just an idea to pitch. Maybe if we started a poll on here and the cummins forums and directed their attention to the threads, they'd be willing once they saw the interest!

Anyway, sorry for the threadjack. Good luck guys!

Bill literally made the BatMoWheel for the HX40 as big as it possibly could be to still fit within the standard compressor cover. Drew and I could definitely talk to him to see if he would be interested in making a 62-64 mm wheel and a matching compressor cover. I would love to see my car break 143, but that's 6 a mph difference (137.12 is my best mph to date). I could see this thing going 140-141 possibly. I would be very surprised if we go faster though. I also learned the fine line between cutting low 1.50 60fts and breaking rear axles...

Awesome!!! This would be a milestone for holset users! I know if they had a 62-64mm compressor upgrade and race cover that could get the hx40 up around 76-79 lbs per min, I'd never have a reason to upgrade! If the s300sx 83/74 can do 79 lbs per min with a compressor wheel that's UNDER 62mm, I don't see why it would be possible considering the exhaust wheel specs are similar to the hx40.

Let's see if the weather hold out...I'd really like to do this at my home track! If not, looks like it will be in Syracuse on Sunday.

I can see the car is fully stripped, yet has a cage. Have you weight the car?

I know if they had a 62-64mm compressor upgrade and race cover that could get the hx40 up around 76-79 lbs per min, I'd never have a reason to upgrade!
We've logged over 70 lb/min with both the BatMoWheel and standard 6-blade cast HX40 wheel on Dave's car, and that was at just 38psi....the limit of the previous intercooler and fuel setup. Engine is built to handle whatever boost we throw at it, and I don't see airflow tapering off anytime soon....so who knows how potent this turbo really is. Consider the previous airflow "max" for the HX40 has already been broken with the potential for more with added boost.

Car will be back later this year- same engine, same turbo....lighter/safer chassis, and much better intercooler than last year. I'm looking for 8's and 160mph from a 60mm turbo, which is insane.

GET SOME, WILL! Not only the fastest 7-bolt, but making those Garrett/PTE shop cars a little jealous as well. :D

We've logged over 70 lb/min with both the BatMoWheel and standard 6-blade cast HX40 wheel on Dave's car, and that was at just 38psi....the limit of the previous intercooler and fuel setup. Engine is built to handle whatever boost we throw at it, and I don't see airflow tapering off anytime soon....so who knows how potent this turbo really is. Consider the previous airflow "max" for the HX40 has already been broken with the potential for more with added boost.

Car will be back later this year- same engine, same turbo....lighter/safer chassis, and much better intercooler than last year. I'm looking for 8's and 160mph from a 60mm turbo, which is insane.

GET SOME, WILL! Not only the fastest 7-bolt, but making those Garrett/PTE shop cars a little jealous as well. :D

Oh, no doubt about it....the super hx40 in stock form is nothing short of amazing!!! I'm just saying, with it being as amazing as it is, it seems there seems to be little to no room for improvement in 60mm form, as seen by the batmowheel flowing roughly the same as the 6 blade cw in testing. I just think it would be a more worthy upgrade going to a 62-64mm cw. And doing a race cover to go with it may be even more substantial of an upgrade. I believe bullseye would sell many more units if it was something more substantial as this. Plus, it would give us current holset users something to upgrade from once we've hit the hx40's max that is not only more cost effective than switching to a completely different turbo, but also bridges the gap between the super hx40 and the hx52 pro and allows us to take advantage of that bang for the buck power and reliability of the holset that we've grown to love. I'd love to see this happen I think it would be very profitable for bullseye not only from our community, but also the diesal guys. This, along with someone coming out with a .82-.87 t3 hx40 would put 80+lbs per min within reach and would be a huge success for current holset users as well as pulling in more users, imo. I'd just REALLY like to see this happen. If it does, u have it in writing that I'll be first in line to purchase! Lol

Thanks gents, I really am ITCHING to get back in the driver's seat this Sunday. We got the car done a little later than expected this evening, so it wouldn't have been time/cost effective to drive 5hrs round trip to race for only an hour. Plus, tomorrow I might have one more sneaky surprise for the car to bolt on for this Sunday's attempt...as long as Joe at Redjack Racing is done with it in time ;)

I'm also super excited to try the new Delta Kelford 272's (Delfords...LOL) I got over my old Delta H272 regrinds. I can tell these babys will make some more power up top!

I would LOVE to see this car break the 140 mph mark

EDIT: Oh and Justin, whenever anyone locally asks me what turbo I'm running, I just tell them it's a big dumb diesel truck turbo. Heh! And the best part too: I'm doing it on a $300 VRSF FMIC. Who'd have ever guessed!? I haven't weighed the car, but it might be close to 2950 with me in it...but in the end it's just a guess.

How do you think those EVO springs will hold up to the K272? How high do you rev up to? I was thinking about going from the H272 to the K272 but I'm also on EVO springs, plus I can't go as high in the RPMs due to being 2.3L

I can see the car is fully stripped, yet has a cage. Have you weight the car?

In the 10.33 run, Will's car had the basic weight savings...no rear interior, no a/c, carbon hood and hatch with the stock glass. With the addition of the cage, its not much lighter than stock. Since then, its about 75lbs lighter now so hopefully that helps alot!

We have not weighed it. Maybe we can find time to do it tomorrow.

How do you think those EVO springs will hold up to the K272? How high do you rev up to? I was thinking about going from the H272 to the K272 but I'm also on EVO springs, plus I can't go as high in the RPMs due to being 2.3L

Good question. If the Evo guys can do it, I don't see why Will's car will have an issue. He revs it to 8300ish at the moment.

After taking a few weeks off, we're back at it again with some new go fast parts! We are going to NYIRP on Friday to give it a shot.

quick mod list:

Stock 7-bolt block
Evo Valve springs, Delta K272
Magnus Street intake (soon to be swapped out with a RedJack Racing Race SMIM
Race Components Inc 1000cc injectors and -8AN fuel feed kit
Stock Transmission with QM Twin disc
HX40 Batmowheel
RedJack open T3 and 3" turbo back exhaust

DrewJ Tuning: Will Stanton's stock 7 bolt NEW RECORD 10.33 - YouTube
Damn! Stock Tranny and 300.00 intercooler! I love this!!!!!:hellyeah:

i just got my sheo stage 3 on and I'm loving this hx40. it sounds so nice,
too bad i have to wait 400 miles for the tranny to brake in before finding out what she can really do, got any logs man? I'm curious to see your timing curve

i just got my sheo stage 3 on and I'm loving this hx40. it sounds so nice,
too bad i have to wait 400 miles for the tranny to brake in before finding out what she can really do, got any logs man? I'm curious to see your timing curve

Drive her down this way...doing a test and tune/ Grudge Racing this Wednesday Night at Renegade Raceways!

Id Love to see what the HX40 is capable of doing...might be my next turbo for me..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back