The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

went to the track today

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mugsy

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 16, 2003
CaliforniaUS
best time was a 14.1 at 104, 60' was a 2.3, .3 r/t, hit a .15 r/t early and a 105 mph trap but slower time. Now i know why fwd sucks so bad at the track, i can lauch so much harder on the street. although a full tank of gas kinda hurt my times a little.

i have big16g,550's,fmic, 3"dp and exhaust, 2gmaf, safc and act 2100.

any comments? what should i run with slicks or drag radials

Some good drag radials should do well enough with that trap to put you into the low 13's.

play around with your afc, try lunching different and try shifting at different points you can get better times :thumb:

only tuned for a/f at 11.5:1 and i was running 16-17 psi on that pass

I guess this was on pump gas?

Mugsy said:
only tuned for a/f at 11.5:1 and i was running 16-17 psi on that pass

with your mods, you should be able boost higher. with afc, 550 and fmic cant you boost like 20?

Yeah, you could turn it up to 20psi, especially on race gas. Just make sure you watch your knock meter on your SAFCII.

Just because you read it on the intraweb doesn't mean its true. I'd guess his injector duty cycles are right around 80% on 16lbs. 20lbs of boost could burn out those injectors. Just so you know your r/t does not affect your e.t.

Go get some nitto 555r's, lose some weight and hope for 12's.

awdsm drft said:
Just because you read it on the intraweb doesn't mean its true. I'd guess his injector duty cycles are right around 80% on 16lbs. 20lbs of boost could burn out those injectors..

With simliar mods and relatively no knock, several friends of mine have acheived good results with 20psi on 550cc injectors. My statement was from personal experience, not read somewhere from the 'intraweb'.

...So your friends count as personal expierence. In my personal experience my 450's reach 100% duty cycle at 16lbs with fairly similar mods to his. So with something like a 22 percent increase in size he would in fact run at roughly 80 injector duty cylce barring certain variables. A 20 percent increase in boost (from 16 to 20) will put him right around 100 percent injector duty cycle! YAY! There are dozens of variables I left out but it makes sense to me.

I'm still new to all this but I believe I am correct. Anybody want to correct me?

thx for the info guys, and yea i know i could boost more but i was just wanting to see how it does on that, next time i go ima get some better tires and raise the boost. btw what kind of sizes do the nitto 555's come in? should i get some 15" steel wheels and get some 555's on em?

I think the Nitto 555's are street tires. I know Nitto makes drag radials, but not the 555's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back