The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Went to the track last night.. long

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boosted59

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 10, 2002
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
A few of my buddies and I went to Coastal Plains Dragway last night. There was 7 of us total so we were kickin some ass. I did pretty good last night and run my best time yet. I was the fast DSM there cause my buddy was having tranny problems . He would have handed me my ass. Well I don't have a scanner or digital cam so here a break down of the timeslip.

.72 react
1.74 60 ft
8.13 1/8
89.3 mph
12.65 1/4
109.83 mph

still can't speed shift 2nd gear
still not tuned
running 18psi
still a 14b w/ a smic

I want to beat the record for fast 14b powered dsm I think its a 12.05 at 112 so I'm not that far. I want to hit 11's with a 14b without nitrous. I am serious about this so please don't flame me. thanks for the space.

kyle

12.02@113. 12.65-12.01 Is ALOT of diffrence without upgrading turbo. I personally know the "new" 14b record holder. The car has ALOT of weight saving and suspension mods. Good luck but hell be running 11's on a 14b next year.

supereclipse-mine is a white laser with a black talon front end cut for a Front mount and has 2g eclipse 5 star rims. It sits stock height and doesn't have a spoiler.

sean- I know that I still have a ways to go but I don't have a lot of the things I want/need yet. I also still have full interior too. I am only running 18psi because I want a front mount IC before I go any higher. I want a set of cams and a built race head with oversize valves and HD springs. And like I said I still can't launch the car or get to go into 2nd gear. I also haven't tuned the car at all since the motor got put back in it. I need an eprom too. So she's not as for as she looks and only time will tell. By the way who is the record holder and do you have any info on them ( year of car, where they are located) I didn't want you to think I want to steal their secrets or anything I would like to maybe see their car go down the track sometime. Thanks
kyle

How would he have red lit? .500 is usually the standard perfect reaction time for most trees. Wow congrats on the time that is so great! I love to see what everyone else does with their mph cause it shows what I can do by driving better. 12.6 is very impressive for what you have done and very impressive regardless of turbo. Ive only ran my car twice and with stock/blown struts, bad tires and 105+ deg and got a 12.9 and 12.8 at 108 mph at 20 psi on a 16g...that just goes to show i have alot to learn about tuning and driving I guess. Congrats!

pretty darn impressive! what fuel were you running? assuming you have exhaust too? 3 inch?

good job

i think phil beers has the new record at [email protected] car still has the stock SMIC running 23 psi on 117 octane gas

Jebus Krist!!! Are all these cars lightened up a lot or what. After I posted my first 12 sec slip on dsmtimes i saw all these other cars times and dint bother posting anymore. LOL Im the 180th or so fastest awd...haha. Do you guys have any weight savings for my daily driver. These are the things I know to do as of now: Turn up boost more (only ran 20psi), take out headlight for ram air effect, take out pass and rear seats, take off rear bumper permanantly but wha else? My passes can iporve now a lot as its already cooled of and now I have suspension on the car. I would really like to run a 12.5 or below with this big16g, I guess its just tunin/driving huh? Thanks in advance

that's screaming on a 14B!

You don't need bigger valves w/ the 14B. A nice Stage 3 head w/ stock size valves will be just fine. Hell, look at Polk's flow numbers in the 2.0 Performance thread on here.

A ported head makes a WORLD of difference for a small turbo. I've seen a near stock 14B car (FWD) run 10.7@104mph in the 1000'. 104mph in the 1000' would be roughly 113mph in the 1/4mi. 2G MAS, SAFC, hard upper pipe, 3" exhaust, fuel pump, and a clutch. 25psi on the 14B.

You're on your way if you're getting a 12.6 w/ some bad shifting. Go baby go! :)

I was running 110 race gas and had the exhaust unbolted from the o2 housing. And like I said I am still only running 18psi this week maybe we'll crank it up alittle more and see what happens. Thanks everyone for the compliments they are very much appreciated!

tell me how to reduce my cars weight please!! Its still a daily driver but Id like to reduce a little more. Ive got the spare tire/jack out, a/c out and thats as far as Ive gone. I know i can take out the headlight and the seats but what else? Great times, Im only a tenth off but I have a 16g...LOL

Heater core, a/c, cruise, bumper(s), replace brackets with custom aluminum ones you make yourself, gut the car from the front seats back, remove the sound deadener, remove the windshield fluid reservoir, drain most of the gas out, windshield wipers, their motors, seat belts, lightweight battery...

Come on the list goes on and on and on.. :)

why is your car soo slow??? and whats holding your fog lights in?? are those wood screws? haha j/k, i finally registered on here.

Tyler

Originally posted by boosted59
wazzup tyler your ghey! j/k! So who's car is faster, yours or mine? Thats what I thought,punk!
later
kyle

haha!! that was harsh, its ok though, you better get that 16g before i get my engine rebuilt!

I ain't scared! Bring it sissy boy. And the hell with a 16g, I don't want to go that small when I upgrade. Give me your fmic when it comes in! I need it>

Originally posted by DSMTurbos
you going to be at coastal plains this sunday? a couple from carolina dsm plan to be there

Im going to chapel hill this sunday to take my g/f back, whats going on sunday at Coastal Plains?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back