The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Went to my first rock concert

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny_l_2005

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2004
weslaco, Texas
So I went to my first rock concert in my life. I went to go see one of my favorite bands in Dallas. Dallas is like 8 hours away from my house. It was worth the trip.:) Lets see if any of you can identify the band :sneaky: So here's a blurry picture

Attachments

• SSPX0022.jpg
    SSPX0022.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 223
Lmao that was quick for the correct answer. What was it his hair, or google that made you guess that? Have some other blurry pictures (cheap camera my sister had couldn't capture moving objects LOL)

Attachments

• dave.JPG
    dave.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 218
  • foo fighters2.JPG
    foo fighters2.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 223
  • foo fighters (9).JPG
    foo fighters (9).JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 216
Comparing Foo Fighters & Nickelback?? WTF

Dave Grohl's my hero..actually he has a house here in Alexandria, VA. In his basement is a studio where they recorded The Colour & the Shape, as well as One by One.

Meh.. theres nothing like punk concerts to me, real hardcore punk none of that so called punk that middle schoolers think is... real punk like The Casualties The Unseen NOFX Anti-Flag etc...:rocks:

Haha, man thats what I was listening to in middle school. Good shit none the less. Nickelback is nothing like the foo fighters. Dave Ghrol (Spelling) is pretty easy to pick out in a crowd since hes been playing music for like 17 years now. Congrats on your first show. Mine was when I was in 10th grade. God, I loved it. Loved it enough to actually start a few bands and play some pretty big shows with some of my favorite bands. Between the buried and me, and Every time I die to be the best.

I knew it was Dave right away. I went to FF/Weezer a couple yrs ago in Minneapolis.

Well it is rock but it's not like heavy metal. I'm just waiting for other bands that i like to come down to TX to go to their concerts. I really did like the experience, it was pretty awesome. But now on I ain't taking my sister because everytime I had to check to see if she was doing alright because everyone gets really crazy as well as i did.

Meh.. theres nothing like punk concerts to me, real hardcore punk none of that so called punk that middle schoolers think is... real punk like The Casualties The Unseen NOFX Anti-Flag etc...:rocks:

Anti-Flag is a different kind of punk than the Casualties for sure. I love both though. ANd A Global Threat is good. A minor threat is good. Black Flag is great. The Misfits are amazing too.

Yeah, no kidding. I know all the ppl who are like "Fall out boy is so punk!" And i'm like "DIE!!!". What happened to The Misfits, Black Flag, Bad Brain and Minor Threat. I don't know a whole lot of ppl that still listen to them, but they are the original punk.

Haha nice.
I just drove up to St. Louis to see Killswitch Engage. They can really put on a kick ass concert, and I almost got knocked out during the wall of death! it was fun. My drive wasnt as bad as yours though. Its a 4 hour drive from my house, but I made it in 3. In a van no less (the dsm is getting a valve job and port and polish).
No but if you want a truly bad ass concert, come up to Kansas City in June for Rockfest. Last years was ####ing insane. 40,000 people with bands like drownging pool, godsmack, 3 days grace, puddle of mud, sevendust, chevelle, and a couple others but I cant remember who. This years is supposed to be up to 65 to 70,000 people and I cant wait to see who plays.

Thursday put on the best show I have ever seen in my life. Anyone else seen them live?

I saw them at the Warped Tour a couple years ago..they were pretty good, but after a while the pushing & shoving gets to you..& we weren't even in the mosh pit.

I want to go see O.A.R live..I hear they're great, & their live albums sound better than every one of their studio albums.

hey psycho i was also at that concert LOL it was great, happy birthday gaylord LOL
I would have paid to see him in his cape playing DDR ROFLROFLROFLROFL!!!!

Best quote of the night (during the wall of death):
"Pick a side you gaylords! If you like women, PICK A SIDE!!"

They can really put on a kick ass concert, and I almost got knocked out during the wall of death!

You don't know what a Wall of Death is until you're in the middle of one to 'Black Label' by Lamb of God.

Been there, done that, sort of remember it. Went like this :cool:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vh_bWRfPY8o&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vh_bWRfPY8o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The Slayer pits were pretty crazy too. I watched a guy be German Suplexed behind me. That calmed down that pit for a minute ROFL

I've seen Killswitch Engage, they were okay, not really agressive or anything.

You don't know what a Wall of Death is until you're in the middle of one to 'Black Label' by Lamb of God.

Been there, done that, sort of remember it. Went like this :cool:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vh_bWRfPY8o&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vh_bWRfPY8o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The Slayer pits were pretty crazy too. I watched a guy be German Suplexed behind me. That calmed down that pit for a minute ROFL

I've seen Killswitch Engage, they were okay, not really agressive or anything.

Um yea been there. Lamb of God along with Static X, Korn and a couple of others at the kansas city Family Values tour 2007. I dont know where you saw Killswitch at but IMO they can definetly hold their weight when it comes to pits and the wall of death.

yea pycho, i just wish that they would have had an autograph session, but that was my second time seeing them, and it wont be my last

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back