The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Went for a ride in a 04 SRT-4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoolN

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2003
Coventry, Rhode_Island
My friend is selling his turbo civic and getting a 04 SRT-4. So today we took it for a test drive and all I can say is WOW!!!! That car is amazing. It pulls like a bi***. The exhuast sounds amazing from the factory, and the turbo spools unbeleavably loud. Dodge has finnally done something right that car is amazing. He would be on the gas like 20 percent not in boost and the car would feel like it was gonna take off. THey def werent lieing about the 250 tq at 2200 rpms. Im thinking about selling my car for one of these :thumb:

This is the hangout right if ur sick of it dont read them, Just letting people know about them.

Here you can't test drive unless you are serious about buying.

That is how it is here but he is serious, he put money down to hold the car and stuff till he can sell his civic so they let him test drive it.

well that's cool then, Ic an't wait to test drive one in a few months.

Deleted Flamebait posts. Come'on people :rolleyes:

:thumbdown :thumbdown go look at the newbie boards for a few minutes....there's bound to be something over there.... :thumb:

I drove one at the Nopi Nationals last year. Not bad as far as power is concerned, though handling left a little to be desired.

me and krazywhitboy test drove one. theyre definately fast, but theyre still uncomfortable, bulky neons. but it felt fast, spooled quick, got to 110 pretty fast, alot faster than my gst, but it was still a neon, just like mommy has. i dont think id own one, just for that fact, they should put that engine setup and drivetrain in a completely different car, made for those purposes. anyone remember the dodge spirit srt's? 220hp too, in their 4door family chassis. ahead of its time by far(92 i think) so it went nowhere. h think one of those would be an insane sleeper.

Why do people say that dodge finally did something right... did we forget about the HEMI! That concept is still used in top fuel dragsters! And yes, I want to take an SRT-4 for a spin. For right now though I am content with my DSM.

I went with a buddy to test drive one, it wasn't that impressive...

Mr96GSX408 said:
I went with a buddy to test drive one, it wasn't that impressive...

Me either. My friend has one, and think its absolutely so badass, yet he complains every damn day about how the seats are so uncomfortable, and how the interior looks like it was designed in the early 90s.......

The only thing about the SRT-4 I like is the lsd, Screw everything else.

I think they're ok. People either OVERate them or Flame them to death. :D I agree that if they would have came out with a newer chassis for the car it would have made a bigger impact. Leaving it a Neon just makes it look like a bandwagon type deal.
I know that :laser: made Daytonas & Lasers & what not in the earlier years, but it(I4 turbo) never caught on until the import market started rolling. A whole new ball game was set. Hotter looking cars were the only thing that helped sales. The old :laser: & the mustang 4 banger turbo looked like sh|t. The new Neon looks kinda cool from the front. From the back it looks like a Jeep. Anyone notice that he new Viper sorta looks like the Supra TT? Head lights & all. :D I love to have a Dodge Viper...Neon is like one of those car where when you see one you go "Look its a Neon..SRT4." To own one you'd never lift a finger. hehehe....

I have to disagree about the interior, The viper style seats are amazing and comfortable. Yea it does look like a neon they shoulda changed it more but therer not calling it the neon srt4 at dodge, IT is considered the srt4 no neon anywhere on the car or with any of the documentation. To me yea they shoulda changed it up a lil. But the car still performes like a dreeam. Gotta love mid to high thirteens stock to.

Thomas91169 said:
me and krazywhitboy test drove one. theyre definately fast, but theyre still uncomfortable, bulky neons. but it felt fast, spooled quick, got to 110 pretty fast, alot faster than my gst, but it was still a neon, just like mommy has. i dont think id own one, just for that fact, they should put that engine setup and drivetrain in a completely different car, made for those purposes. anyone remember the dodge spirit srt's? 220hp too, in their 4door family chassis. ahead of its time by far(92 i think) so it went nowhere. h think one of those would be an insane sleeper.

I agree with the powerplant being in another car. I honestly think its time for dodge to come out with something different. I really dont like the idea of the neon body. I do like the srt4, but I feel that dodge should alteast put the powerplant in another car, even if its still FWD.

Who knows, maybe since chrylser is taking over mistsubishi we can hope to see another type of DSM car.

Eclipsed said:
Who knows, maybe since chrylser is taking over mistsubishi we can hope to see another type of DSM car.

I think chrysler is ending their support for mitsubishi ... they own a big part of :dsm: right now.

OH NO I see enough Stratussssss hahaha & Avengers on the road. :D don't forget the galant too. hehehe...

Well i heard that 05 is the last year for the srt-4 period or body style i have been hearing different things hopefully then it will change. Also it would be amazing to see mits start making the galant vr4 again and some more 4g63's baby

i think its impressive wen ur coming from a t25 equipped DSM.. but if u got urself an equivilent 16g or bigger powered dsm.. im sure its not all that impressive.. but stock i do gotta hand it to dodge.. they are pretty quick for stock.. now only if they made an AWD version..

edit.. i just noticed u have an evo16g.. so u found it more impressive than ur car?

Haha yea only becuase my car spends most of the time sitting in the driveway broken then on the street

well that's cool then, Ic an't wait to test drive one in a few months.

Are you thinking of getting one John?

I had contemplated it a while ago. The dealer here in Austin was pretty lax about me driving one, especially since the sales on them have died downa lot since they came out...not to mention they had 6 on the lot OMG

I drive it in just about every condition I could think of for about 30 minutes. I was pretty impressed with it overall. The LSD does its job pretty good and wheel hop/spin aren't to big of an issues (unless you are dumping). The seats are very snug and do there job much better than any other stock seat Ive been in (including evo/wrx). The power band is very cool - I was expecting it to dawg out after 5k but it didn't - and makes power up high to. Turn in is responsive, nice sounding exhaust, nice colors to choose from (i like the blue), decent stereo system, good powerband, warranty and hte option to get power packages for decent prices makes ita cool car IMO. Its cheaper than any turbo dsm was when they were new and can be very competitive with them. I definetly think that is one car that is worth the money.

Only complaint is that the tranny doesn't feel all that solid to me. I have heard the clutch isn't to durable as well, but the speed shifting and long term tranny durability is what would concern me the most.

candela said:
Are you thinking of getting one John?

I'm going to need a faster but cheap 4-door car becasue I'm not going to mod it.

EVO and STi are more than I want to spend.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back