The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Well NWHTanK has got a up grade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWHTanK

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Odessa, Missouri
Well I would like to say I've joined the Turbo club. Well I found a good deal and threw out a price. What did I get? A 99 gst spyder. Goals go thru and get the maintenance stuff done and throw some parts at it. Parts will be diverted from srt swap car to this one and no the swap isn't being canned but delayed till better parts can be bought.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356702989766.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356702989766.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 227
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356702999899.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356702999899.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 224
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356703014432.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356703014432.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 222
Nice find! What did you pay for it if you don't mind me askin?

damn now that's a deal...factory turbo car delivered for a grand.. i'd buy that for a dollar LOL

Interior needs some trim parts nothing major. Front seats are worn but no tears and the back seat is mint! Carpet needs cleaned nothing major. The complete top needs replaced and I mean everything. No boost from the evo III gt Turbo . The Gage cluster apc overlay has to go. Typical dings and faded paint . Rust is surface only. The front bumper needs replaced. Basic maintenance. Timing belt,water pump gaskets valve cover. You know typical stuff. It has a high idle with a cell that needs read.

Well Mega score. I manged to find a complete top assembly in black from one of supporting venders for 350 . Frame and all! I will give a review when I get the part.

great find.
good idea on going to a black top. I swapped over my spyder to all back from tan and black last fall when I picked up a 2nd awd spyder for 500 just for the new black top it had on it

Well I think it is luck considering how this year has been going. And thanks all I thought I had deal just needed to confirming it.

Well did some work to the old girl. The exhaust is almost done. Its a 3 inch diam from the Turbo to the muffler. I got rid of the parts that were restrictive ,welded one side and band clamped the other to join the cat back to the front pipe. I have to get the muffler up a little higher yet by putting a dent in the spare tire area.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356828753856.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356828753856.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356828771316.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356828771316.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 51
I got part of the lowering kit on, the front. K sport springs with agx struts. The wheels are 99 cobra replicas 17x9, raped in 245 hancook evo. Still have a ton of parts to transfer from the eclipse srt swap.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356829192052.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356829192052.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 51
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356829206982.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356829206982.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 54
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356829218322.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356829218322.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 56
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356829234988.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356829234988.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 46
And I thought, I brought stuff cheap! It will be great to have you out and hanging with KC guys. Welcome to the club. The downside is that you will always seek more power, or at least I am addicted to speed. Always a pleasure to bust a knuckle on your ride. Enjoyed the time. Love those rims! Sounds like you need to clean up that garage so we get all those maintenance items addressed. Wish my convertible 65 VW bug had at least a five speed! And its faster than other convertible in the garage.

not to go OT but when are you KC guys together, i really don't like what the scene is up here anymore (same people which most of them are my friends) but it's so boring hopping from one gas station to the next for over 10 years straight only to watch re-runs of the same old 200hp and less cars "do battle" for the crown of fastest 4 door with a fart cannon LOL

but seriousely, would love to come hang some time where i'mnot the only DSM and meet some new people. I'm in St Joe often so another 30 minutes isn't anything to worry about. (i drive to saint joe and back sometimes starting at 10pm just to grab a friend (who now i moved up here for good ebcause of saint joe drama),I've put my honda 50 in my passenger seat driven to the KC stunt lot stunted, blazed through downtown with other 50's and driven home before dark) I love to drive :) and i like KC to be honest, i just can't understand your roads down there so if i sund like a 'tard trying to get some where bare with me LOL

but i live a mile from the local meet and don't even go because the highlight is usually my lime-aid or the fact i went home and wasn't one of the many to get a ticket, towed and or arrested for doing dumb ass shit with cars that aren't worth racing...anything fast is usually owned by others like me who won't street race (most times anyway) or know what the other cars in our league are doing for times and are content to watch the others unless some one is talking trash and is willing to put money on the table with no excuses win, lose or blow an engine, winner takes the cash.it sucks when you go out only to have a dozen 13-14 second cars trying to get you to race just so people can watch you beat your car... but as soon as you ask them to put a minimum of 200 bucks on the line to cover a tow and your troubles if you have ot break to win they all back right down and shut up.. at least they don't pester me anymore, but hell, it would be nice to cruise with some DSM's (and not have them be teenagers trying to be super cocky to impress their girlfriends thinking that's what the women want, the coolest street racer with the biggest wheels LOL)

Well I think it is luck considering how this year has been going. And thanks all I thought I had deal just needed to confirming it.

go ahead and breathe... LOL i can find you a wrecked AWD good for a swap anytime you want, prices vary but i made friends with a kid i met buying a radator once and his dad owns a tow company, he collects DSM's and his brother does 3kgtfr4'a, that's where i got the doner for my AWD swap, and since i've done mine in 7 days, disabled and as my first one ever i could help and or guide you throiugh it easily.. only thing we'd need to do it in omaha is a spot to work at since this house is selling and i'm looking for a new place (think i've found it even with garage that's all mine and a cool ass room mate) just waiting on the lease to be over for the other tenants as i want to be sole lease holder so if things get crazy i can start teling people to get the f**k out LOL

best case scenario, 2-3 days to start and finihs as drivable, a few more if we need tranny parts from Tim Z who will get them here fast..i've learned there's no point in buying a used AWD tranny and not at least rebuilding the CD, out of three odf the best used ones i found this year, none of them were flawless as far as something id' trust to intsall as is and put behind an engine making near 500hp daily and driven that way daily

Last edited:
Glenn there is a get together called fast Friday. It involves exotic cars hot babe's, we will make sure to post it up when they start up again when it's warmer. Maybe that is more your scene?

hell, i'd just like to see more than one fast car out at one time, and not have to deal with a crowd where i would be the one charged with "contributing to the delinquency of minors" LOL no but seriousely, i'm down for anything other than hopping from one gas station to the next wondering "where are we going and why are we just sitting here again", id' even settle for a new town and new gas stattions..being hat i'm not regularly on here like i was for years i'll PM you my Cell # its been the same for 14 years so you can alwasy get me on it

Well Mega score. I manged to find a complete top assembly in black from one of supporting venders for 350 . Frame and all! I will give a review when I get the part.

For the entire frame with top and headliner for 350? Please point me to where I can get one of these, I have reconsidered and want to keep my spyder LOL. I need a new frame, rear quarter window, top, headliner, front bumper, rear bumper.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back