The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrfaceman23

Probationary Member
May 27, 2021
LITHONIA, Georgia
Hiya Everyone! its been a while since ive done anything like this LOL.
Anyways i am a noob to this whole "DSM" thing.( dont laugh but i just looked up DSM. luckily i know mitsubishi's origin..thanks Donut Media LOL!!)
So lets start with how i got here to you guys!

Okay so My Brother brought [future name] from a junkyard about 9 or so years ago..because it "looked cool"(we were born in the early 90s so we were there for F&F)
..he brought a convertible from a junkyard.. Anyways it was really bad(had mushrooms growing on the floor in the backseat) but it worked so he cleaned it and proceeded
to dog it BAD. handles broke off so he took the whole handle frame out and just stuck his hand in the opening and pushed down the latch, he sprayed flex seal on the roof
to stop leaks, ate inside it and throw the stuff under the seat..just treated it bad. Anyways i moved about 9 hours away and he soon followed and the car took it like a champ..
but once i gave him a mustang( i purchased an H3) he just let the car sit..under a tree..for 3 years!! So BOOM here i am looking at this tarp on this car and im like..dude this car
is gorgeous..it literally oozes appeal. so i took it off his hands. but its a junkyard car that was brought for a guy who had no mechanical skills besides putting oil in it..luckily
over the course of a decade ive been honing my mechanical skills(all the broke college folk with a car KNOWS what im talking about) so i think i can tackle this. i have tools,
time and a daily driver already(expensive as she may be).

But honestly i know absolutely NOTHING about this car. so here i am. i look forward to learning the INS and OUTS of
this car with you guys.

as for the car i made a profile for it(will add more pics) but basically it looks like a stock 96 spyder gs 2.4l . even has the original wheels. THANKS FOR READING :)

You came to the right place. Everything you’ll need to know is posted here. As tempting as it is to start on cosmetic items, don’t skip the initial maintenance (new timing belt, etc.).

We’re also here to answer specific problems that might come up.

Congratulations on restoring a DSM.

Welcome to the forum!

Have you started the car yet or are you prepping to do so?
These cars are old enough to sit at the bar and drink with you :D...so youll probably want to inspect and change all the hoses and gaskets for fluid leaks. that timing belt probably started to harden so youll probably want to change that out. Compression/leak down tests so you know what youre dealing with so youre not continuing to drive on an engine that has problems. Especially since its been abused, neglected and sitting for a long period of time.

In addition to the info you find here, youll probably find this link useful http://vfaq.com/

...and remember to support our vendors for the parts you need.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back