The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Welding Viscous Coupling

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy530

Probationary Member
Feb 18, 2003
chicago
please help i want weld my Viscous Coupling , i need more information how to do this where can i find some info ??

roughly speaking, you take it out, hack it up and weld it together...

its not a biggy if youve got a nice miller MIG or a TIG unit... dont attempt with anything less than $2000 welding rig... (in otherwords, if it plugs into the same socket as your hairdryer would, it wont lay a good enough weld to work)...

find a VC somewhere, hack it up with a torch or bash it to pieces with a sledge and look at it, the whole objective is to make the 2 plates stationary. shouldnt be to hard to figure it out from there.

Check out MachV. They sell a VCE. Viscous Coupler Eliminator

thank you i weld by my salf , my car works perfect i can smoke tires
on 3th gears now:p

Honestly I wouldnt weld the VC. Get the VCE just incase something happens and you need the VC again. Its $150 though

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back