The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Welding a 38mm wastegate to a EVOIII o2 housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamFury

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Fort Bragg, North_Carolina
I couldn't find anything on welding a external wastegate to the EVOIII o2 housing so I am gonna do it and post pictures of what I did.Tommorow I am finishing up the turbo swap in the car. I bought a AGP 60-1 roughly 5 months ago I know I read people have had bad experiences with them but I got it for dirt cheap and I'm sure it will get me closer to my overall goal with the car as long as it holds up.
But the issue I had is that I am running a FP cast mani which is an awesome manifold and I wanted to keep it for the time being. The way the collector is I couldn't mount the flange how I wanted. So I moved to the o2 housing and mocked it up. The turbo has the BEP hotside and I am trying to save some money and do some custom fabrication with some stuff in the garage which I will post in the custom fabrication thread when done.
I cut a 1/8" piece of stainless steel as close as I could get it to the size of the wastegate hole of the EVOIII o2 housing and welded it in to fill up that big hole. Drilled my hole out where I wanted to position the wastegate flange and welded the crap out of it because of the bend the housing has to ensure no leaks.
Tommorow I will install the wastegate and install the custom dump pipe after mock up, cutting and welding. I am curious if anyone has done something of this nature before? To the guru's of the website correct me if I am wrong but this should work correct?
I know many would say just buy a o2 housing that has the mount already on it but I'm trying to save money and use what I have in the garage for free.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back