The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Weird WB readings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Davis

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2019
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Hello,

So I’ve been having something happen where when I first start up and drive everything seems normal, but as I keep driving maybe 10-15 mins go by and then the car progressively gets more and more lean until it is >18. I’ve changed out my front O2 sensor and have checked for boost/exhaust leaks and such and I’m kind of at a loss. The car doesn’t seem to drive or idle any different. I just feel like at >18 A/F I would notice something especially at idle. You think it’s just my wideband O2 going out or what?

Thanks

Exhaust leak the maybe opens up more as the system heats up? maybe a cracked manifold or a turbo housing thats cracked or leaking somewhere? those could cause that problem, which would explain why the engine dont exhibit any running issues.

ok here are 3 seperate logs on my drive tonight. I dont really know what im supposed to be looking for but the car almost drives like its rich but both o2s are reading lean as can be. ive messed with MAF settings to the point where even if i max it out it still goes full lean. I will check the manifolds and other hot parts to see if they may be cracked i didnt even think of that. thanks!

Attachments

• log.2022.03.01-01.elg
    227 KB · Views: 15
  • log.2022.03.01-02.elg
    199.1 KB · Views: 17
  • log.2022.03.01-03.elg
    324.3 KB · Views: 10
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back