The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Weird noise when i let go of the throttle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foreverinvayne

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2004
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Okay, for the past few days I have noticed a weird noise when I'm driving... I can only hear it when I'm easing off the throttle or lift my foot off the pedal completely while I'm driving. It's almost like a rubbing sound, but as soon as I put my foot back to accelerate or to at least drive normal again, it goes away, or at least mostly. And I know it dies down because even before my exhaust roars up or anything that could mask it, it starts to go away. Can anyone tell me what this could possibly be?

what clutch are you running? This is called "clutch chatter" ... my 2600 does it too. I guess that happens when you change out the disk only and leave the pp and flywheel alone :cry: .

same clutch as when i bought the car... probably the stock one built with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back