The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Weird Euro 4g63 differences

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krivis126

Probationary Member
Aug 11, 2022
Kaunas, Europe
I'm having a hard time figuring out if Euro engines would fit American parts and I need some answers. I've been taking my engine apart these last few weeks and have noticed a few differences: our n/t 6 bolt 150hp engines came with oil squirters, wider main and rod bearings.

I'm looking at purchasing lower compression pistons and stronger rods, to try to make some power, but I don't know if North American rods would fit the larger rod arms.

Does anyone know what is the correct option in this case

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are comparing 6 bolt bearings to 7 bolt bearings. I seriously doubt Mitsubishi would have spent the money to re-tool the 6 bolt engine with wider bearings for an N/A application.

There is a ton of confusion when people talk 6 bolt vs 7 bolt. The 6 bolt engines were only made up until April-ish of 1992 and anything later than that comes with a 7 bolt. Many people think all 1g cars are 6 bolts and they are not. Your car being a 1992 could have either a 6 bolt or 7 bolt depending on what month it was made.

If you want to sell the N/A pistons from your engine let me know. I been looking for a set for a while.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back