The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Weird compression test results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blujeans

Proven Member
Dec 15, 2018
Calgary, AB_Canada
Just did a compression test today on my 1G, engine was at operating temp. Below are my results and pics of them:

Cylinder 4: 130 PSI
Cylinder 3: 150 PSI
Cylinder 2: ~133 PSI
Cylinder 1: ~127 PSI (forgot to take pic of result)

Any reason why cylinder 3 would be so high while the others are lower? I didn't do a wet test yet but I plan on doing it again soon to test my rings. I know one of the previous owners rebuilt the head a couple years before I bought the car, if that helps at all.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

How many times did you do the test? did you open the throttle all the way and crank until the needle on the gauge quit going up? if not do the test again and see what you get.

It was the first time doing this test, and yes I did both of those. I plan on doing a leakdown test with a friend of mine in 2-3 weeks so hopefully then I'll be able to narrow down the possible causes easier.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back