The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

weird clunk noise in rear suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyline1

Probationary Member
Jul 13, 2008
Ogden, Utah
So everytime I go over a bump it makes a (not very loud) clunk pop noise sorry thats the best I can describe it. I lifted my car and found that the rear sway bar bushings were still in great shape and had no play in them. My shocks and springs are stock. Does anyone have any ideas?

Maybe your coils did u jerk on them and make sure there not lose. My Tsi shocks went bad and the coiles was lose and clanked when i hit bumps so i have to replace the whole setup.

lift up each side and place your hands on the 12 and 6 oclock position and shake up and down to see if there is any play, then shake with hands on 3 and 9

let us know what you find.

Well I lifted my vehicle and moved things around coil spring and what not. It all seemed pretty stiff. I pushed up on the rear tire while the vehicle was lifted and it took some muscle but it moved up. It was not very stiff. But other than that I cant figure it out. I was thinking about upgrading anyways. Im looking for a steal though because my budget $500 dollars. Any suggestions

What kind of condition are your shocks in? Your car is 10 years old and you still have the stock shocks on. You may just have a broken shock. Sometimes you have to get them off of the car before you realize how bad they are. Let us know what you find out!

Bringing back an old thread here..

I have the same issue. When I go over bumps sometimes the rear driver side tire will make a clunk, pop noise.

Tein coilover suspension.

Looking for some help here guys,

Thanks in advance.

i have the same problem right now but i knot it is my bushings cause when i got my car aligned i really took a good look.
the top bushing on the control arm is blown on mine. check that out on yours. gotta shake the whole control arm though so take the tire off

same problem here and noticed that both my bushings are rotted through. Can you buy replacement bushings or do you need to buy a whole new upper a arm for them?

edit: just bought a pair. Mitsubishi graveyard, a supporting vendor on this site sells a set for $48.99. There are also a few listings on ebay where you can get the single piece bushing or new two piece.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back