The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Web Cams, BC, or HKS 272s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoolin91dsm

Probationary Member
Dec 13, 2012
Eagle Mountain, Utah
What do you prefer and why? Looking into all of them but the BC seem to do the same but cheaper. Any luck on any of these?

Thanks

What do you have done to your car? What turbo? What are your goals?

It doesn't say in your profile, so it's hard to say.

I run the BC272's...haven't had any problem with them but will be moving to Kelford 272's when money allows. Most people I know running Kelfords swear by them but a Kelford 272 is a much more aggressive cam than a BC272 or HKS 272.

What do you have done to your car? What turbo? What are your goals?

It doesn't say in your profile, so it's hard to say.

I run the BC272's...haven't had any problem with them but will be moving to Kelford 272's when money allows. Most people I know running Kelfords swear by them but a Kelford 272 is a much more aggressive cam than a BC272 or HKS 272.

What this guy said. We use Kelford or Crane cams in all of our builds.

GSC are amazing cams. I run the gsc s3 280/280 11.7mm-11.7mm , GSC and Kelford would be the way to go personally. You get what you pay for.

I had 272 webcams back in the day when I bought my 99 gst brands new off the lot. They were so far off. intake cam off by 30 degrees from centerline and exhaust cam was off by 12 degrees. My engine builder couldn't degree my motor with these cams. He had to pull the dowl out weld up the hole and redrill a new dowl hole. then had to by adjustable cam gears to finally get the cams correct. idled horrible and didn't make that much more power over the stock cams.

I also had a set of BC 272 in my 2003 evo. again cams weren't in spec. they both were 4 to 5 degrees off center. Again more adjustable cam gears

Now running the gsc and they are dead nuts on the 0 degree mark.

HKS would be your best bet out of those 3 you are looking at , but for the money get the kelfords or gsc.

What is your budget for cams, springs and retainers?

You can get a set of BC cams with matching springs and Ti retainers for about $600

If you go Kelford 272 with good matching beehive springs and Ti retainers you will be about $900 or so

IIRC new HKS Cams are about $400 per cam, or about $800 for the pair. Then add in springs and Ti retainers and you are at $1000

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back