The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Weapons owners Check-in [Merged 10-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wierd. Everyone I asked (3 stores and the police officer) said .45acp xd is illegal in cali. No worries. I guess i'll be happy with the .40 Its only going to mainly be a target gun.

My FFL finally returned from the SHOT Show. Here is my new toy :D

Attachments

• 308 5R.jpg
    308 5R.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 137
Beautiful!

This is what I found out about my .45acp XD.

"CA DOJ requires all new guns sold to pass a safety "drop test", and manufacturers will not submit every model # for testing- that's why some XDs can be purchased, and some not. For example, the 45acp compact with Trijicon nightsights was not submitted for the drop test, but you can buy the identical gun with regular sights, and the night sights and put them on legally."

I guess its a california thing, but every gun and model of that gun has to be submitted for that test and it costs money, so they all arent availible here... weak!

Beautiful!

This is what I found out about my .45acp XD.

"CA DOJ requires all new guns sold to pass a safety "drop test", and manufacturers will not submit every model # for testing- that's why some XDs can be purchased, and some not. For example, the 45acp compact with Trijicon nightsights was not submitted for the drop test, but you can buy the identical gun with regular sights, and the night sights and put them on legally."

I guess its a california thing, but every gun and model of that gun has to be submitted for that test and it costs money, so they all arent availible here... weak!

ROFL Gotta love California.

That makes sense, since I bought mine with the regular sights initially. Good find :thumb:

I'm hoping to get this rifle out to Sacramento 1k range on Friday if I can find some decent ammunition for it. Every place around here thinks .308's are for shooting deer :rolleyes:

The trigger on this thing is (no shit) shorter than a mouse click and probably lighter. :D

Wow, how did i miss an arms thread. I'll edit nad post up pics tomorrow after i take some new ones. i have

S&W 6906 parabellum 9mm 3x 15round mags 2x12 round mags

S&W 65-5 .357 magnum wheel gun

Norinco Ak-47 post ban manufacture semi automatic only. Actually turned out to be a rather rare find. The serial number showed that it was one of the last runs of AK clones made under shinese slave labor, especially since norinco is still in business today as a legitiment corp.I have no plans on converting to auto ( everyone always asks so i'm throwing it out to start) i go shooting with too many cops to even want to think about losing the rest of them because of modding one. Not to mention getting a felony record when i can now buy a full auto and have it be legal.

I also have a slew of .22 rifles and an old remington 12 guage to go clay shooting.. i don't really hunt, but plan on pistol hunting dear up in MN next winter.

here's a few pics of the 9 i just got it a few months ago so i had posted these on another forum im' on

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Bought it from a local cop, he cut the gun hole and one mag hole in the case and did a crappy job. I added the extra ammo and mag spaces to finish it up.

I have no plans on converting to auto ( everyone always asks so i'm throwing it out to start) i go shooting with too many cops to even want to think about losing the rest of them because of modding one. Not to mention getting a felony record when i can now buy a full auto and have it be legal.
Smart man. I took my XD40 apart when I first got it and I determined exactly what modifications were needed to convert it to fully automatic, but I would never actually do it. It's just not worth the risk; especially for a pistol that I like to carry and use at the public range.

Smart man. I took my XD40 apart when I first got it and I determined exactly what modifications were needed to convert it to fully automatic, but I would never actually do it. It's just not worth the risk; especially for a pistol that I like to carry and use at the public range.

I don't really see the need for an automatic pistol. If the situation requires a compact automatic weapon your best bet is going to be an SMG of some sort.

I wouldn't mind taking a P90 for a spin :)

I don't really see the need for an automatic pistol. If the situation requires a compact automatic weapon your best bet is going to be an SMG of some sort.

I wouldn't mind taking a P90 for a spin :)
I agree. An automatic pistol wouldn't be nessacery for anything in my life, but it sure would be fun. If it was cheap to do it legally, I'd do it.

Pistol grip is good for Military, Police, Criminal Activity, Or home protection only. You cant aim them for crap. Its for close range to kill someone only. If your getting it for hunting then Id say no way. For home protection or to look pretty in the gun cabinet the go for it.

Dude get one of the semi-autos with a 20 round drum magazine.

Wow a few to man anti-gun liberals flaming him in this thread don't you think?

Thats is a excellent shotgun!
Let me tell ya tho. With 2 1/2" or 2 3/4" slugs, you will NOT shoot it more than 3 times in a row!
Those things HURT!

And as for aiming the thing. strap on a shure fire light and laser pointer. Your garunteed to hit what ever you point it at. During night or day. its a simple point and squeeze.
Considering you wont Want to get mutch practice with it due to the recoil of it. might as wess supplement it with a couple aiming devices..

Just becarefull and make shure you have the ammo that uses the plastic wads and NOT the old school
cardboard wads in the shells. I just had my mossberg blow up in my hands not more then a year ago.
Due to a cardboard wad getting lodges in the barrel on my 4th shot.
I have fired that gun over 500 times with no problem. Then just by chance buy some crappy ammo and BOOM! it splits the barrel and blows the forward grip into 5 parts, along with bruising my hand to the point it was black! I got very lucky! and will NEVER fire a cardboard wad shell again!

See the cardboard shells have 2 individual wads in them. 99% of the time Both wads get pushed out. But this time. only one did. the second stayed lodged in the barrel just after the barrel nut. Well when that 5th round went off... well you know what happend...
Pictures of my shotgun
You can tell the difference in the shells by looking on the box if it has the shell breakdown. or by holding it up to a strong light..
Cardboard wads will make a 1" black spot in the center of the shell.. where as the Plastic single wad shells will allow light through it as the wad is semi transparent white.

Just be safe and becarefull!

BTW, that mossberg is the PERFECT home defense. some ppl are not imtimidated by a pistol racking or pointing at them. But EVERYONE! knows the sound a pump action
shotgun makes and knows it has a half inch chunk of lead death in it.! NOONE wants to hear that sound of your mossberg racking a 2 3/4" slug. NOONE! they will SH!T their pants!
Especially when that bright ass light blinds them. then all they see is a bright light and 4"s of 12guage glory! pointing right at them!

Congrats on a fine shotgun!

Im not anti gun, nor did I tell him not to get one. I simply told him what it would be good for. If he is planning on one of those things then its the gun for him. I have shot them before and they are fun till the novelty wears off. Then you begin wishing you had a shotgun with a good stock on it. They are useless for anything besides plinking rounds off for fun or close quarters situations.

Im not anti gun, nor did I tell him not to get one. I simply told him what it would be good for. If he is planning on one of those things then its the gun for him. I have shot them before and they are fun till the novelty wears off. Then you begin wishing you had a shotgun with a good stock on it. They are useless for anything besides plinking rounds off for fun or close quarters situations.

I agree.....but they are fun to play with....but again novelty is the same with assualt weapons, pistols...cars! They are all fun till you get bored with them or realize they serve no real purpose in your life LOL But I wouldnt hesistate to grab one..I have a Remington 870 Marine magnum with the 8 round extended mag matte stainless coated and synthetic stocks for salt water usuage. I have probably put 10,000 rounds through it from low brass to 3" slugs/express nitro long range shot/double and triple 00 buck shot and never has any issues EVER! Great gun.

I have the exact thing. Mossberg 500. People saying it will hurt if you shoot it a bunch, must not shoot one. It is NOT that bad. I love mine - great for home defense. also very inexpensive.

Relax.....of the 100 million gun owners in the US 99.99999% just like to shoot and/or collect them just like you like to play with your talon.

I was just making a JOKE guys don't shoot me haha :D

I actually have a few guns myself, but I dont see much use for a pistol grip shot gun. I guess it would be cool for blowin away Raccoons and shit.

I'd rather have a .577 T-Rex if you're goin for novelty.

.577 T-rex video<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SRY9Gpqpmbo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SRY9Gpqpmbo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back