The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink WBO2 Sensor/AFR Gauge stops reading/working while driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Jacks Hands

Proven Member
Sep 10, 2019
Fairfax, Virginia
When I start the car and first start driving everything seems to be working as it should. At some point during driving (it has happened idling before) my AFR meter drops to 7.4 and just keeps flashing. If I stop, shut the car off then start it up again it starts working fine quickly. The car will run like shit if I leave it flashing at 7.4. It is a Innovate LC-1 I bought off of a member here a while back, and it has been tuned on a dyno with this same setup. I tried doing some research and came across bad sensor, bad ground, the system not liking drawing power with other devices. If it is a bad sensor why would it work each time I shut off and start up the car? I checked the ground and I am not seeing anything that would cause suspicion (with my limited knowledge), I already swapped the power draw to a different location which didn't produce different results. Now this isn't consistent, but it seems to go out when I WOT. Any ideas on what I should look at or what I should do next before just buying another O2 sensor? Thank you for the input!

Last edited:
The innovate widebands can be finicky. They 100% need to have their own fused and relayed power source straight from the battery. They should not share power with ANYTHING. Once that's done, connect the ground to the same ground bolt that the ecu uses. After that, if it's still screwing up then it's likely a bad controller or a dying sensor. Call Innovate and talk to them.

Last edited:
The innovate widebands can be finicky. They 100% need to have their own fused and relayed power source straight from the battery. They should not share power with ANYTHING. Once that's done, connect the ground to the same ground bolt that the ecu uses. After that, if it's still screwing up then it's likely a bad controller or a dying sensor. Call Innovate at point and talk to them.

Question on this, does this mean that I should be grounding my wideband to the the wire coming out of Pin 92? AFR between gauge and Link matches, but may as well make it right.

I currently have my Innovate ECB-1 and Oil Pressure gauge grounded on a chassis bolt near the fuse panel near our left foot.

Question on this, does this mean that I should be grounding my wideband to the the wire coming out of Pin 92? AFR between gauge and Link matches, but may as well make it right.

I currently have my Innovate ECB-1 and Oil Pressure gauge grounded on a chassis bolt near the fuse panel near our left foot.
Not necessarily to the pin but to grounding point on chassis. On a 1g its near the passenger's left foot. Not sure on a 2g. If it matches perfectly then fine but best procedure is where I mentioned. Most widebands I've seen tell you to do this.

Vegas, thank you very much for the response. I'm going to dig up the wiring diagram and see if I can figure out relays haha. I'm busy this weekend but I will touch base soon to report any findings. Again thank you for that information, I would not have thought to do a relay otherwise.

Well gentlemen, you fixed it! I appreciate your help with the matter, she is running great now!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back