The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

WasteGates

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yhype

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2002
Thurmont, Maryland
I am curious to what peoples opinion is to which way to setup an external gate. I have seen a few places pluming the external gates back into the exhaust rather than out to atmosphere like most external gates are. I want to know what the pros and cons are with each setup. thanks:talon:

Dumping to atmosphere makes more power but is way louder. Dumped back into the exhaust you lose some HP over atmospheric however the car is street legal like that and is very quiet.

I didn't spend a lot of money on a turbo to cover up the sound with an open wastegate. It just sounds like a broken exhaust. Beauity is in the eye or ear of the beholder so some people will tell you do dump to the atmosphere and that it sounds great etc etc.. I think is sounds horible personally and most people who we do it for come back in a month to have it re-routed back in LOL...

To each his own I guess. I have my Tial dumped and like it. Been that way for a year now. My doesn't open up until around 14psi so you can still hear the turbo spool for abit heh. Like he said though, its loud, but no louder than some V8's. I think its just a matter of what you like personally.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back