The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Wastegate stays open after getting into boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matrout218

Probationary Member
Sep 8, 2010
Mishawaka, Indiana
I just recently intalled a new turbo (basterd 16g) and when ever I get into it and the boost gets up to what I have it set at (around 15 psi) the wastegate will all of a sudden open, and stay open untill I get home and can shut it by hand. It has an adjustable wastegate on it but the rod is not popping off, it just stays open. It's fine under low boost itle boost perfectly fine, any ideas?

Umm to close it back up it's not like hard but u have to give it a good push, sorry that's not very helpfully but I don't know how to explain it, and no I mean everything seems to be fine on it so that'd what I don't understand And ok thank you crash I will try that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back