The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

wastegate solenoid hose routing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ofgofg

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2011
kc, Kentucky
So, while tearing apart my car, I undid the vacuum hoses from everything, and now I cant remember where some of them go. Specifically the 2 hoses from the waste gate solenoid.

I did the free mod, removed the restrictor from the lower port on the solenoid. So, where does the top port get plumbed to,, and the bottom? I know one of them goes to the waste gate, and one of them gets Td off and goes to the intake plenum, and somewhere else.

Thanks!

Top nipple to the intake pipe. Bottom nipple to a T between the pressure source and waste gate actuator.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So if the pressure source and wg actuator are Td together then what does the solenoid do? Thanks for the diagram btw!

Alright,, so the electric portion of it must then close off the leak on a given signal to spike the pressure and actuate the wastegate?

@John_M93 -- what diagram are you looking at?

The BOV and the boost controller are not and should not be connected in any way. You do not need any specific BOV for any specific boost controller or lack thereof. If you're removing the aftermarket boost controller, you either hook up your vacuum lines as the diagram shows utilizing the original waste gate solenoid or you run a vacuum line from the turbocharger directly to the waste gate actuator, effectively running a line from (B) to (R) eliminating the tee to run waste gate pressure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back