The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Wastegate ? Can i use this on my gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l3igl3ang

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 10, 2005
ft smith, Arkansas
Hi guys I got this wastegate with manifold and im wondering will this work on my car or do I need something else? I notice when i bolt it up that there looks like something that gose on bottom of the wastegate that bolts on but i don't see nothing on my car that gose in.

Attachments

• 20140508_091804.jpg
    20140508_091804.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 70
Yes as long as you hook up the vacuum line. The 2 bolt flange on the bottom is for the dump / exhaust tube. I would recommend you get one so that when the wastegate opens it doesnt dump hot exhaust right into your fans / radiator / p.s. pump or anything else in the vacinity.

It didnt come with a small 2 bolt exhaust pipe?

It came off a gst I bought for parts I will see if it came with something that I can use. The car it was on everything was unhooked so I dont know if it came with it.

Good catch! Yes you need to flip the waste gate. Try to find that pipe or you might be able to look at forced performance or extreme psi to see if they sell one. Or I would take it to an exhaust shop and have one made, probably wouldn't be too much

I figured its a ebay special manifold from the looks of it and I will flip it side ways and see if I can mount it.

wonder what happen if some one drove it with it on backwards? the guy who sold me the car said there was a slapping sound from top of the motor and it idle till u give it gas and it died. Wonder if he killed the car by put that on backwards

Last edited:
Im not sure what turbo I have its non factory I know that its says .60 a/r or something on it. the turbo off the parts car is a .50 I figured if I have it might as well use it cause there has to be benefits in having a after market waste gate or people wouldn't buy them.

Im not sure what turbo I have its non factory I know that its says .60 a/r or something on it. the turbo off the parts car is a .50

The exhaust manifold flange is what matters here. It has to match the turbine inlet. The diagram below shows a DSM and T3 flange.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I figured if I have it might as well use it cause there has to be benefits in having a after market waste gate or people wouldn't buy them.

They have a downside too- cost and install. Which is why most guys only use them when they have to. The specific turbo your trying to use will determine how much money/work is involved, and whether an external gate is even necessary.

Alrighty I will probly try to sell it then its just a parts car I need to sell as many parts as I can to make some the money back that I used to buy the car with.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back