The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

wassup guys newbie here! want some opinions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazer316

Probationary Member
Sep 13, 2009
Winston-Salem, North_Carolina
:hmm: I currently have a modded 95' firebird formula that I am possibly wanting to trade for a dsm turbo car or the like. I have found 2 different people that may want to trade. Here we go 1 has a nice 93' 1g fwd with a 6 bolt swap and rebuilt trans and new clutch. The other has a 1995 2g gsx awd with some mods and another 7bolt swapped in (i think) with 55k on it just needs a center diff it says. Both are 5 speed manuals which is what I want. What do you guys think? I am just scared of 7 bolts, cause it will have to be a dd. The 1g is nice:cool: on the other hand awd:hellyeah:

If you can do the differential on your own get the GSX for sure!! But if not than why not get the 1G! My first thing would be to test out both engines. Have a compression or a leak down test done on the motors to check to see how good of condition they are in. That will tell you which one is the best deal right off the bat. My opinion

you wouldn't be scared of it being a 7 bolt (i have no money for a swap or another motor) or do you think it would be ok since it has 55k on it already?

Don't be scared of the 7-bolts.

There are plenty of people pushing big numbers through them.

Agreed! Luck of the draw for crankwalk situation. People can argue it's internet overrated. And some can tell you they've experienced one after the other!
55k miles. I've read on some sites that they happen around the 75k- 86k range. And some sites say if your over 130k miles. The car either experienced it/ rebuild, or is pass the stage and will likely not have it happen. INTERNET GOSSUP!:applause::aha:

Have you driven the DSMs around town yet? When my son drove my AWD talon after getting out of his Formula Firebird he said a few choice words about the turbo lag when trying to merge into traffic. And that was with the original T too small turbo.

If you are going to be driving the Smoky Mountain twisty roads in the rain go for the AWD. Last year I made a dash from Sapphire NC to I76 in a steady rain and the Talon put down power where a RWD performance car would have done donuts.

Oh, and that Talon went 183,000 miles on the original 7 bolt crank before being converted to a stroker.

He said 93 with 6 bolt swap... Doesn't that have 6 bolt anyways? also crankwalk is over rated..
Also just did a plug an wire job on our LT1, that is one hell of a job, especially when the paxton is in the way!! :)

i would get the gsx for sure..just rapair those things and swap a 6 bolt and thats it..

id go with the 95 if it were me, better looks, chicks dig this car more, LOL. plus nothing beats 4wd. the ff platform is harder to be fast in. sorry, dont wanna piss off any gst guys, but front wheel drive drag racing was deemed imposible till the mid 90's. if the 95 gsx guy wants to trade , id do it. has blown center diff, well a junkyard tranny can be found for about 6hundred bucks. you might be able to find a used one from another dsmer on here for even cheaper. id take the 95 for sure. the body styling on these cars are so sleek and sexy. they look fast just sittin there. of all the import tuner cars i would say the 2g eclipse is hands down the best looking of 'em all with one exception.... the 95 toyota supra

I thought all 1g's had 6bolt.. but anyways 92.5 being the 93 year model right?
The supra and the mini viper mazda are better looking than the 2g, but these are prob top 3!

I don't have money for a 6 bolt swap:toobad: but awd is nice that's why I was asking opinions. Thank you for all the help.

go with the gsx u dont have to swap it once u get it..LOL..its gonna be 5 months that i have my car and now is that im starting to buy things and the new block etc.

awddddd....

my 7bolt has 140k and its still going without a engine problem.

I would deff go with the gsx. not to piss teh gst guys off but ive talked to alot of fwd turbo guys and they have even said they wished they had gone with the awd platform when they start moding they end up with traction issues. you can work around it but if you have a chance to go awd go for it you wont regret it.

I would deff go with the gsx. not to piss teh gst guys off but ive talked to alot of fwd turbo guys and they have even said they wished they had gone with the awd platform when they start moding they end up with traction issues. you can work around it but if you have a chance to go awd go for it you wont regret it.

Wanna fight! I love my FWD.No I love my car but I have mad traction problems I totally wish that I could have got a AWD.If I could have found one I would have bought it instead but at the time I just wanted anything turbo""coming from a honda"".I still love my car but next car I get will be another 2g AWD or EVO:)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back