The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Washer nozzles (that don’t suck)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
I’ve tried a couple different washer nozzles, and have not yet found a replacement that has a good spray pattern, or the ones I find are smaller that stock, so they don’t fit well.

Post what you found? A fine fan spray with an adjustable angle would be ideal.

Also, I don’t need a 90deg fitting for the hose or a snap in design. Application is for a carbon fiber hood so, easier and more secure if it fits in with a threaded nut to mount it.

Ideas?

I never use it myself and nothing fancy but many people use Mitsuba nozzles in Japan. It's nut style and spray direction is adjustable. Or maybe arm mount style is better if it's hard to find one fit well with your hood?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
I never use it myself and nothing fancy but many people use Mitsuba nozzles in Japan. It's nut style and spray direction is adjustable. Or maybe arm mount style is better if it's hard to find one fit well with your hood?

Hmmm, looking to find a seller. Not sure what to search for.

@Justin DuBois
The link by @streetraceboi is the one.
Or Amazon Japan. It seems a bit cheaper.

I was trying to order this, but Amazon Japan does not accept my Amazon logon.
I had to make a new account for Japan. Interesting that Japan does not take PayPal

Last edited:
If I recall when I had them I used 3g eclipse ones and they were markedly better.

When I was developing and using an intercooler sprayer I used some Japanese sprayers I picked up over there and they were awesome, a nice wide flat spray pattern. I have no specifics on that, I literally popped into an Autobacs and randomly found them. But they had lots of options with really nice patterns relative to our oem ones.

Interesting: Rock Auto now shows the same part number (and photo) of the 3G nozzle for both the '99 and '00 Eclipses.

In my case, the way I cut access holes in the under side of the Carbon Fiber hood, stock washer nozzles with 90deg hose fittings are inconvenient. The nozzels from Japan have fittings that go straight and a threaded ring to secure it, vs snap in.

Last edited:
Happy to finally finish this thread, I installed the new nozzles from Japan, and they are really great. Works perfectly for my application:
Video:

Last edited:
The oem 3g nozzles are awesome had them on my spyder , tried to swap them over to my current dsm when I parted it out and a tab broke off i mean they were like 7 years old at that point. using the old style 2 stream and it is so bad misses the windshield completely sometimes

I bought a dorman nozzle for my jeep and it was separated in the package new not the best quality

The oem 3g nozzles are awesome had them on my spyder , tried to swap them over to my current dsm when I parted it out and a tab broke off i mean they were like 7 years old at that point. using the old style 2 stream and it is so bad misses the windshield completely sometimes

I bought a dorman nozzle for my jeep and it was separated in the package new not the best quality
Not sure how much Dorman charges, but we still keep the OEM ones stocked:

https://jnztuning.com/product/3g-windshield-washer-nozzle-set/

In the Nissan Maxima world we use Murano nozzles. They have that fan pattern you were looking for. I’ve used them in the past but they were not a direct fit.

I'm considering ordering the 3g nozzles linked for my 1g, does anyone know if I will have any issues installing these on a 1g?

Does anyone have photos of 3g wiper nozzles on a 1g? The jnztuning site only says "Can be made to fit on a 1G or 2G DSM." I don't know if that means I need to cut something or need to heavily modify something to have these fit into a 1g.

Cheers!

I'm considering ordering the 3g nozzles linked for my 1g, does anyone know if I will have any issues installing these on a 1g?

Does anyone have photos of 3g wiper nozzles on a 1g? The jnztuning site only says "Can be made to fit on a 1G or 2G DSM." I don't know if that means I need to cut something or need to heavily modify something to have these fit into a 1g.

Cheers!
I 2nd this, although it appears someone has had them on a 1g.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back