The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Washer nozzles (that don’t suck)

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
I’ve tried a couple different washer nozzles, and have not yet found a replacement that has a good spray pattern, or the ones I find are smaller that stock, so they don’t fit well.

Post what you found? A fine fan spray with an adjustable angle would be ideal.

Also, I don’t need a 90deg fitting for the hose or a snap in design. Application is for a carbon fiber hood so, easier and more secure if it fits in with a threaded nut to mount it.

Ideas?

DSMPT

DSM Wiseman
Jun 12, 2014
Japan / Mexico, Arizona
I never use it myself and nothing fancy but many people use Mitsuba nozzles in Japan. It's nut style and spray direction is adjustable. Or maybe arm mount style is better if it's hard to find one fit well with your hood?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
I never use it myself and nothing fancy but many people use Mitsuba nozzles in Japan. It's nut style and spray direction is adjustable. Or maybe arm mount style is better if it's hard to find one fit well with your hood?

Hmmm, looking to find a seller. Not sure what to search for.

streetraceboi

Sep 4, 2002
San Antonio, Texas

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
@Justin DuBois
The link by @streetraceboi is the one.
Or Amazon Japan. It seems a bit cheaper.

I was trying to order this, but Amazon Japan does not accept my Amazon logon.
I had to make a new account for Japan. Interesting that Japan does not take PayPal

Last edited:

TSiAWD666

Supporting Vendor
Aug 15, 2003
Herndon, Virginia
If I recall when I had them I used 3g eclipse ones and they were markedly better.

When I was developing and using an intercooler sprayer I used some Japanese sprayers I picked up over there and they were awesome, a nice wide flat spray pattern. I have no specifics on that, I literally popped into an Autobacs and randomly found them. But they had lots of options with really nice patterns relative to our oem ones.

DogWhistle

Supporting VIP
Sep 13, 2012
St. Paul, Minnesota
Interesting: Rock Auto now shows the same part number (and photo) of the 3G nozzle for both the '99 and '00 Eclipses.

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
In my case, the way I cut access holes in the under side of the Carbon Fiber hood, stock washer nozzles with 90deg hose fittings are inconvenient. The nozzels from Japan have fittings that go straight and a threaded ring to secure it, vs snap in.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds