The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder Washer fluid light

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xterminat0r

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 4, 2016
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
What part would I need to replace to remove this light? My fluid is full but it has been turning on and off recently. I'm running the 97 4g64 spyder.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There is a float in the washer fluid reservoir. The float contains a magnet and there is a magnetically operated switch inside a little tower in the reservoir; when the float is down (empty reservoir) the switch closes and turns on the light.

The most common failure is the float sticks in the down position even though the reservoir is full; the fix is take out the whole works and wash the inside well. Sometimes -- but not always -- a sharp rap on the side of the (full) reservoir will un-stick the float, It's probably worth trying that first.

On and off, I haven't seen. If the sharp rap on the side doesn't get it to behave I would start by unplugging the switch at the reservoir and doing an ohmmeter check there.

I disconnected the level switch and the light goes out. Not a fix but it does the job.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back