The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Wash grease off your hands

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've been doing this for decades. I usually wash my hands also afterwards. I kinda quit doing it after finding joes hand cleaner but for really nasty stuff just a plain vegetable oil works so well prior to any other product.
This works well on a greasy nasty party too. Oil turns the caked on stuff oily so you can now remove it easily with some other product or just soap and water. It's an excellent first step to a really nasty part

If you use lotion before working on your car, it helps hydrate the dry skin and block some of the pores so the grease cant get absorbed. It makes washing off grease a million times easier. I also use Kresto and that stuff takes pretty much everything off.

I know old timers that just use ATF/mineral oil to clean their hands. Like dissolves like so you can use pretty much any oil.

I will attest to the ATF as a good hand cleaner. Every time I get done cleaning out a fresh bore job, that is what I use to get the grit out of the cylinders and my hands are SUPER clean afterwards, although oily.

dawn dish soap works good for most normal grease and oil

brake parts cleaner works when you don't have access to a sink or if your hand are really bad. Its also awesome at removing asphalt roofing cement/mastic/adhesive (AKA the black shit for your roof) from your hands.

lacquer thinner, will get dirty diesel engine oil off your hands.

acetone will also remove most greasy stuff from you hands. it will even pull the natural oil out of your skin.
If anybody is stupid like me, and plays with OC pepper spray when drunk. When you accidentally discharge it, use acetone to clean the OC oill off your skin. (water just reactivates it)

acetone will also remove most greasy stuff from you hands. it will even pull the natural oil out of your skin.
If anybody is stupid like me, and plays with OC pepper spray when drunk. When you accidentally discharge it, use acetone to clean the OC oill off your skin. (water just reactivates it)
Can’t tell if that’s a good or bad night out 🤔😆

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back