The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

crappy air bag cover on 95 eclipse [Merged 7-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry for bringing this thread back, however I have done all of this, disconnect my battery, taken out my air bag, glued the corners down with epoxy, and let it sit for a day, put it all back together.

After I put it all together the "SRS" light on my dash is now on any time I drive my car. Did I mess something up when I plugged it back in, or is this a code that has to be reset?

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you are talking about the driver side - no one makes them. One guy custom made his own, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere else.

One more thing. I don't know how effective the airbag will be with a CF cover on it. If you need a Talon airbag, PM me, I have one from my car.

DGajre777 said:
I don't know how effective the airbag will be with a CF cover on it.

The bag would have to be removed, could you imagine the cf splinters that would be flying around when the bag went off, or how hard that cover would hit your face if it did not fly apart...that would probably be more dangerous that the wreck itself.

Jim

My 95 GSX cover is fine. But my 95 TSi sat in the sun for years, and it shows. Since I don't care about the airbags anyway, I plan on removing it and making a hidden storage compartment.

Only thing that held for me was gorrilla glue
Give that a shot :)

Has anyone here ever done any mods to the face of the air bag in our 2g cars to make them look better then the stock warped air bags? I'm sick and tired of this crap on my 97 that I bought when my 98 was seized... cause the dash is all ripped to shreds... like all the plastic things are broken and the air bag is all warped... HELP!

I remember seeing a CF pass side airbag cover but I think it required removing the airbag.

The 2g dash and airbag covers are covered in vinyl that stretches and shrinks with hot and cold, there really isn't much that can be done to prevent the problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back