The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Wanted: 4G63T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMopar

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2007
Vista, California
Prefer 6 bolt but 7 bolt will work, as long as it's a turbo motor. Want running longblock, as long as miles aren't over 150k, has good compression and doesn't smoke it's fine. I can deal with leaks.

the car is in good condition..the brakes were absolutly horrible...it had no brake fluid...the day i bought it me and my friend put brake fluid in it and bleed the brakes...the passenger window doesnt work the light beneath the headlight are busted and broken...the glass area...other then that car is very good...the paint is bad...the previous owner tried spray paintin it flat black and left the wing the original color...which is a very nice gun metal...but since you hav one of these what are the most common problems...im new to dsm cars

befor you try anything with the paint, try wet sanding the paint with 800 grit it might help make the paint look better. unless he used really crappy flat black paint; then it all has to come off. i'll help you with the prep work, when your ready. i work for food an redbull :)

o thanks ill try it out...i got some people that live across the street and the dad paints cars for a livin so imma see whats up with that...but ill definetly let you know...man im seein that everyone is mostly from san diego area that sucks..

iirc 90-91 lasers dont come awd they only come fwd

Matt jones b4 you do anything I would suggest you change your timing belt you really don't know if the previous owner did it so might as well do it b4 you do some damage and besides that just keep up with maintenance.

Matt jones b4 you do anything I would suggest you change your timing belt you really don't know if the previous owner did it so might as well do it b4 you do some damage and besides that just keep up with maintenance.

o ok thanks for the tip...ive already did a oil change and filter spark plugs..plug wires radiator flush and top off tranny flush and top off fuel filter brake fluid and bleed the brakes...pretty much did everything as far as general maint. but yea ill do something about that timin belt...the car does hav a hard start...it starts but then drops to 500 rmp's then wants to die but then goes right back up to 1000...it fluxuates...(dont know how to spell that word) but yea everything seems fine with that car...me and a friend looked at it at his shop and yea everything is clean very clean...boost perfectly...holds it real nice...no vac leaks...gonna do a boost leak test inna few days jus to make sure nothing wrong with the turbo so it all should turn out well with the car

I agree..I didnt do it when I first bought my laser and a month later it slipped,head work is expensive.make sure you replace your crank seal too when you are there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back