The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Want to upgragde motor mounts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarheels23

10+ Year Contributor
May 15, 2011
struthers, Ohio
Since I have my transmission out I'd like to buy some motor mount inserts? since I still have the factory ones in the car and need some assistance and guidance on where to look and more info about them. Links would be great too

weld them up. it's the most bang for the buck. I have solid roll stops and no balance shafts, and I can't say that it vibrates while idling. There is some vibration during decell, but I believe that's mostly because of the solid disk clutch. Stiffer motor and trans mount cause the most increase in vibrations, so I left mine stock.

I thought so. I too, run the avid mounts (75a). Drivability is better all around. The only downside to them is the vibration in low RPMs but its just something you get used to i guess.

Prothanes did wonders on my 93 automatic tsi. The old was trashed, it was actually the transmission mount but same difference. I cut out the old bushing/metal ring and installed a set of prothanes, and WOW is it much more firm. The stock ones were like jelly, I even spent 20 minutes trying to line it up with the bolt, because it didn't want to budge :LOL:.

?Wierdly I am thinking of going the other direction. The guy I bought the car from installed really stiff motor mounts. I think that they are either prothane or energy suspension(they are red if one is and one isnt). anyway they are rattling my interior apart. I was thinking about going with some softer ones in the 60ish durometer range because i read that those are recommended for street cars. Can anybody think of a reason that i shouldn't? 92 awd

I'm running the Avid motor mounts with the 90 durometer bushings and I have had absolutely no issues with them, other than a few missing bolts when I originally bought them. The mounts themselves are quality pieces and both the mounts and bushings look like they did from day 1, with a little bit of road grime on 'em.

I daily drove the car all summer and yes, it vibrates, but it's really not as bad as you'd imagine and it's mainly noticeable at idle/low speeds. Once cruising it's not really a big issue (although it's still there).

I have a fwd 4g63 and cant find mount kits for it. ive only found the inserts at extremepsi is there more out there im missing?:confused:

I have a set of drop engineering mounts i bought but the company i bought them from didnt say it was awd only on the page and so i ordered them to find out it was awd only. Now they wont take them back. I will gladly trade these 4 mounts with red inserts for a set of inserts for fwd. paid 340 there like new barly used and 2 have never been installed. No stock mounts please only inserts thx.

i just installed the AVID motor mounts last week and i already have issues both my front and rear mount just fell apart if i knew how to attach a pic i would i cant believe it not even a week and they fell apart

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/url][/IMG]

Awe man. I was about to order the avid mounts. Now im thinking about solid rolls stops and prothane inserts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back