The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Carpet replacement [Merged 10-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well, if the only difference is the rear area, no worries here!

Anyone ever buy this? I'm soo tempted just because of the price. My pos 97... well I just pulled the nasty carpet out to rhinoline the interior to get rid of outside noise (I have a 3" dp all the way to the cat and no catback) and its soo discusting. And I dont want to reinstall this nasty carpet. I know I could clean it and dye it to the color I want... but I dont think it will be worth it... The car is still down awaiting the new head so I'm not in a hurry, so I wanna know if its worth it to order this...?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-9...ryZ33697QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I bought carpet from a junkyard, and that was NASTY!

Had mold, rain water, and God knows what else. I just threw it in the bath tub, got some good carpet cleaning solution from Home depot for 8 bucks and scrubbed the hell out of it. Came out nice and smelled really good.

Attachments

• during3.jpg
    during3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 389
I didn't buy one from that seller but I got a very similar one off Ebay.
It wasn't bad, it didn't fit exactly and took some manipulating, but nothing too tough, the hardest part to me was cutting it since it was one over-large piece (whereas this one is two) and everything needed cutting out.

Check your local automotive upholstery shops. They may be able to order the same thing, while knowing where to get good quality. You definitely do want pre-formed.
However, over a hundred-thousand feedbacks with a 97% positive? They're doing something right. And, any time you pull a carpet from a ten-year-old + car, you can count on getting back twenty bucks in pennies and dimes.

Check your local automotive upholstery shops. They may be able to order the same thing, while knowing where to get good quality. You definitely do want pre-formed.
However, over a hundred-thousand feedbacks with a 97% positive? They're doing something right. And, any time you pull a carpet from a ten-year-old + car, you can count on getting back twenty bucks in pennies and dimes.

Dude I know... I just bought myself almost 10 bucks in food from the quarters I found under the carpet... from the slits in the carpet...I dont know where to look in the phone book.

My carpet is in good condition except a small rip where I accidentaly riped it... but what I was thinkin of doing is steam cleaning it with boiling hot water, then find something to die it black... the color I want!

HEy, try stockinteriors.com

they have all the carpets in different colors, and i think its cheaper then that ebay price.

check it out

Yea I dont know if I would buy the carpet off of ebay. Doubt it would fit like stock carpets. Try the website above. An effective way to make old carpet look good is to dye it. As long as you are going to go darker than the stock color. I have seen this done to many cars. Make sure you clean the shit out of it before doing it. Something you could do yourself too.

The person I bought from off of eBay was actually stock_interiors.
Maybe the same as the online store?

How could I dye my carpet? Cause the only damage is right by the pedals and you really can't see up there and I have a set of brand new black Ralliart eclipse form fit floor mats to go there... Its just dirty and has stains.

Thanks man, that website is quoting me for black oem carpet, 125 shipped! WOOT WOOT! So either I dye my carpet or buy new... I'd rather dye if it works out like I want... Not like it will stay clean... but at least it will give me the edge to be able to keep my car clean. right now my car could be spotless and still look like trash just because of the carpet!

One of my friends died his carpet and it came out better than I expected. He went from grey to black. The carpet looks great and still feels soft and stock. I dont know the specifics of how he did it, except for he just put it in a big bucket of die+water for a few days.

I used a Duplicolor vinyl/fabric spray can to spray that carpeted hatch cover black and it's held up wonderfully. That way you don't have to stick it in a bucket.

I also used Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric Paint. It took me 3 cans but it came out really good, even though I went from the stock light grey to a draker grey. It also covered up stains and such that I couldn't get out even after washing the carpet.

Attachments

• hvp100.jpg
    hvp100.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 346
I use that on parts of my rear seats and sunvisors. However, the spray wears off over time. The sun & heat will eat at it.

I wanna know about dying too, maybe you can buy one of those small plastic kiddie pools, and let it sit in there??

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Anyone ever buy this? I'm soo tempted just because of the price. The car is still down awaiting the new head so I'm not in a hurry, so I wanna know if its worth it to order this...?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-9...ryZ33697QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I actually purchased my 1g black carpet from that same company. Overall the installation wasn't bad, but it only comes pre-molded, but all of the cutting is left up to you. I just overlayed my old carpet on top of it to locate the bolt holes, then trimmed the rest in. When I purchased mine, it was only $100 at the time though. It was definitely well worth the $100. :thumb:

I use that on parts of my rear seats and sunvisors. However, the spray wears off over time. The sun & heat will eat at it.

Well, for starters I wasn't recommending it for anything but the carpet. I used it on my carpet maybe 2 1/2 years ago and it still hasn't worn out yet. Maybe it's just that I take real good care of my interior (ie. making sure it's always clean, only stepping on the mats and putting down plastic clear mats when it rains). In all actuality I never thought it would do the job that it has done so far but it has so I still think it's a great product.

I sprayed my dashboard, center console, door panels, etc with that stuff about a year or two ago and it's held up year round.

And here's a pic before I got my black leather seats:

blackGSX2g: How did you get it to last that long? I used it on my door panels... and you have to baby the crap... if I go outside right now and just scratch the door panels with my finger nails (I chew my nails, so I dont have any) it will scratch right off... It looks good n all but I flippin hate the stuff cause of that...
Could you describe your exact methods? Cause I was going to do carbon fiber door panels, but after seing some of the stuff going on in here and other places, I wanna reuphoster my car. So I want my interior looking almost identical to yours... I love how yours looks.

How does the carpet feel with this stuff? I sprayed my seats black and they look killer... but feel rugged.

I lightly roughed up the surface with steel wool (all the surfaces still have the OEM texturing), then cleaned everything with brake parts cleaner. I put 2 cans on the dashboard, 1 can on each door, and 1 can on the center console. I think the key was getting rid of all the stuff on the surface before paining...like Armor-all, oils from your hand/car/food, and just general grime.

The only carpet I did on my car was the rear hatch cover and it really didn't change the feel at all. I thought about doing my old grey seats with the spray, but wanted to keep the original leather feel so I just bought the OEM ones.

Well I'm going to need new door panels anyways since mine are trashed. so I'll try that out... I just cleaned up the door panels with a wash cloth.

hey im looking to put new carpet in my car, i got a kit online for my civic and it sucked, didnt fit right and i still payed 300 for it, i want a oem fit but black, should i got to the dealership or does anyone know where to get a good kit from?

stockinteriors.com had carpet pre-molded to fit most cars

I got my black carpet from JCWhitney, of all places. It was molded to fit, the only thing you have to do is cut the center councel part out and around the door trims. Looks great and like new. I used my oem carpet and laid it over the new one to cut the center part out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back