The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

walbro pump, no pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reborn750

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 7, 2010
Brookings, South_Dakota
I installed my walbro 255 lph pump in my 420a eclipse. hooked everything up correctly, plugged it in and bolted the pump cover back down. Now when i turn the key on the pump kicks in but only for a couple seconds then goes quiet. i thougt my fuel pressure regulator wasnt working so i pulled off the pump side line. Now even with the fuel line not hooked up and i turn the key and the pump kicks in it wont pump anything out of the exposed line. but like i said the pump only comes on shortly for a few seconds. Does the car need to be running? do i need to be cranking the car over or do i just need the key on? did i do something wrong?

Last edited:
You need to crank the car for the pump to prime.

Also, did you install the retainer cap/oring/spacer? That will cause you not to hold pressure.

i will go out now and crank it over. Also what retainer cap/o-ring/ and spacer are youtalking about? where on the pump do they go?

okay, i found the little plastic ring with a lip, and an o-ring from the kit. I also read the VFAQ but it does not show how they go on the pump but just says to be careful when putting the o-ring on. do they go on the pump where it goes to the rubber line from the top of the cap? plastic cap first with o-ring over it, then fuel line over that?

I sent you a PM earlier, give me a call and I can show you how to do it if you want to bring your car over to my garage. I just did it in my 1g so it's pretty easy.

Thank you very much for all the help, problem solved and I have plenty of pressure now

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back