The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Walboro 255

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Davis

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2019
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Hey guys just installed a walboro 255 on my GST and ever since the car seems to take significantly longer to crank and start, I’m guessing that probably isn’t normal, the car runs/drives/idles the same as with the old pump. I’m gonna take it out again when I get home from work again to double check the spacers/orings cause they didn’t fit all that well but any other ideas?

Hey guys just installed a walboro 255 on my GST and ever since the car seems to take significantly longer to crank and start, I’m guessing that probably isn’t normal, the car runs/drives/idles the same as with the old pump. I’m gonna take it out again when I get home from work again to double check the spacers/orings cause they didn’t fit all that well but any other ideas?
So I just installed a walbro 190 in my car, and if you replaced the stock fuel pump the inner diameter was slightly larger on the o-ring. At least in my case it was, the 190 had a smaller shaft and luckily I had extra o-rings from a kit that fit perfect.

Definitely a leak between the pump and sender causing the entire fuel system to lose it's prime if I had to make an educated guess...so something likely didn't go right with the install. Depending on the severity of the leak you may be losing pressure and volume into the tank which would effect fuel flow at high boost / high RPM and cause you to go lean so make sure you address the issue.

Definitely a leak between the pump and sender causing the entire fuel system to lose it's prime if I had to make an educated guess...so something likely didn't go right with the install. Depending on the severity of the leak you may be losing pressure and volume into the tank which would effect fuel flow at high boost / high RPM and cause you to go lean so make sure you address the issue.
Yeah I figured I did something wrong, that spacer that’s lowest down didn’t sit quite right so I’m assuming that’s what’s giving me issues

Go to the Toyota dealership and get the part number 23239-21010. It will seal the fuel pump a lot better than the traditional o-ring. I had this installed on my 450 before I went with a bulkhead fitting and never had an issue running 35 psi boost so 70 psi fuel pressure.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

shouldve got the hellcat LOL
Go to the Toyota dealership and get the part number 23239-21010. It will seal the fuel pump a lot better than the traditional o-ring. I had this installed on my 450 before I went with a bulkhead fitting and never had an issue running 35 psi boost so 70 psi fuel pressure.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back