The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Wacky and Ridiculous production cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDude236

Proven Member
Mar 15, 2021
Kingston Springs, Tennessee
Everyone has seen cars like the Fiat 500 Abarth, the Brabus tuned Smart Car, and the Mini Cooper fireball. Oops, I meant the mini cooper type S
My question to everyone here is, what is your favorite one of these wacky versions of production cars?

My favorite is the Brabus Smart Car for sure. Like, I get it, Smart Car was owned by Daimler-Benz for a while, but how in the world did someone at Brabus go into a meeting and decide to tune a Smart Car? Not like the "tuned" smart car was that fast anyways, just thought it was really funny.
Also the Fiat 500 Monster Truck is pretty cool too.

I have seen that. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Can’t say its a great look for Nissan though, at least they released the new Z at the right time…

Ever seen a Cappuccino? They're actually quite sleek and appealing. But if you're anything over 5ft 8 good luck sitting in it without your hair rubbing the headliner. I'd also be worried about 4 muscular dudes picking it up and walking off with it LOL

Picture I took at B'ham Cars and Coffee summer of last year

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ever seen a Cappuccino? They're actually quite sleek and appealing. But if you're anything over 5ft 8 good luck sitting in it without your hair rubbing the headliner. I'd also be worried about 4 muscular dudes picking it up and walking off with it LOL

Picture I took at B'ham Cars and Coffee summer of last year

I have seen a Cappuccino before! Not in person, but all over the internet. I'm 5'8-5'9 so I'd be on the edge. Neat little cars, unlike Geo Storm Turbo, I think they aged quite well actually. I know some people disagree though ROFL

Ever seen a Cappuccino? They're actually quite sleek and appealing. But if you're anything over 5ft 8 good luck sitting in it without your hair rubbing the headliner.
I have seen a Cappuccino before! Not in person, but all over the internet. I'm 5'8-5'9 so I'd be on the edge.
My neighbor had one that I drove a few times. With a helmet at an autocross you're good up to ~5'11" and if you're just driving you can be a few inches over 6' and still fit comfortably. The Honda Beat has even more room. The Autozam AZ-1, however. I'm 5'10 and my head hits the ceiling at autocrosses. Also I had to get new shoes to be able to drive it because my old shoes could hit all three pedals at once. The clutch is behind the center console and the driver seat is rotated inward just to fit. So yeah, wacky production car indeed.

My neighbor had one that I drove a few times. With a helmet at an autocross you're good up to ~5'11" and if you're just driving you can be a few inches over 6' and still fit comfortably. The Honda Beat has even more room. The Autozam AZ-1, however. I'm 5'10 and my head hits the ceiling at autocrosses. Also I had to get new shoes to be able to drive it because my old shoes could hit all three pedals at once. The clutch is behind the center console and the driver seat is rotated inward just to fit. So yeah, wacky production car indeed.
This is something else I made this thread for. I've seen the Autozam before but never in person. This is one of the Kei cars I was referring to. Crazy stuff

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back